Dash

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
A4.63: "Infantry may declare a Dash through a road Location if it declares a Dash move to a particular location prior to moving, and then moves from a non-Open Ground Location on one side of the road directly into the road and then directly into a non-Open Ground Location on the other side of the road..."

C7 is not on the other side of the road, so no Dash allowed.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A Dashing unit "... moves from a non-Open Ground Location on one side of the road directly into the road and then directly into a non-Open Ground Location on the other side of the road".
As the unit is not moving from one side to.the other side of the road, I don't think that Dash is allowed.

buser333

Reaction score
You can't even dash to B7.
My take on it is that the dash is allowed. If the road did not continue from C8 to C7 there would be a dead-end road from D7 to C8 that would allow a dash. So the unit can say it is dashing across this portion of the road in the above example.
Edit: I did not mean to selectively reply to this one post, but meant that a dash would be allowed in both cases.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
My take on it is that the dash is allowed. If the road did not continue from C8 to C7 there would be a dead-end road from D7 to C8 that would allow a dash. So the unit can say it is dashing across this portion of the road in the above example.
I have doubts about Dash through a dead-end.
The following Perry Sez seems not to allow it.23976

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It is a dead-end and Dash doesn't seem allowed.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Following up on Robin's PS post. Here is another.

A4.63

The Diagram has 6 Dash option using Board 4 Dash 1 is from CC8 to AA8 Green Dash 2 is from CC8 to AA7 Red - We know that this is legal as it is the one used for the example A4.63 Dash 3 is from CC8 to BB6 through BB7 Black Dash 4 is from CC8 to BB6 through CC7 Yellow Dash 5 is from CC8 to CC6 Blue Dash 6 is from CC8 to DD8 Purple What if the road ended in CC7. The questions is which Dashes are Legal?

A. #1 is not legal. #2-5 are legal. #6 is not legal no matter where the road ends.

You cannot dash along a road.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Still too bad since no where does it state road depiction. but rather Road LOCATION.

Yet we have Leaders getting shoved under tanks in CC when a 1,1 is rolled for Field Promotion.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do cross busy streets at unmarked crosswalks. I don't jaywalk parallel to the street in the middle of the road.

Can a single man place an explosive or device that immobilizes an BU AFV? Maybe. Can a single man get an explosive in the area where the driver sits and wreck the steering while killing a few? Maybe. But those are apples and this discussion is about oranges. You can't claim a quick dash across a road through C8 and into C7. The rules don't permit it. Dash through D7 and into C7. That is the MMC that crossed the road.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
only saw the Q&A that Robin posted and the one I posted. May have missed it.