Recent content by Boar

1. B

Members Favorite music

Boston! The Clash! A bit of Celtic/Irish -- yeah, I can dig it. Just don't try to make me watch "Lord of the Dance" like my brother-in-law did! You got it -- a bit of everything. I saw the Clash in concert at New Orleans. Real down-home kind of people, really. Very friendly...
  2. B

First issue Feedback

I wonder ... how long before I receive my first issue if I'm a U.S. subscriber? Anticipation can be a good thing, but ... It'll probably be in the mail Monday. (Subscribed Feb. 2)
  3. B

The Five Best War Movies Ever

Re: Re: Dorosh on the Welch (sic) This may be a pun I don't get. Or is it an insult? This statement is pretty bizarre. I saw both movies and can't remember hair being much of an issue. How does one crewcut or self-cut hairdo vary that much? In other words, what facts do you base this...
  4. B

Kelly's Heroes, Where Eagles Dare, Dirty Dozen, Catch-22, and Slaughterhouse Five are all part of the same mix of fantasy and/or humor along with the WW2 setting. If you can't take fantasy or humor there's something wrong with you. Still, I'll admit not all the above are to everyone's taste...
  5. B

Can't forget Kelly's Heroes! One of my favs. Another new fav is When Trumpets Fade -- gritty movie. I've never seen Siege of Firebase Gloria (Khe Sanh?). Where Eagles dare is such great fun -- I can watch it over and over. And then there's always The Guns Of Navaronne.
  6. B

Yeah, I watched Combat growing up. It did for war what Rawhide did for westerns -- grounded its portrayal in realism. In fact it was so real to me that I was confused while growing up whether we were still fighting a continuation of WW2 or not. Movie list: Paths of Glory (1957) Patton...
  7. B

Members Favorite music

Black Sabbath's Iommi Tops Guitar Greats List LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Here's one "guitar greats" list that Jimi Hendrix (news) did not top: "the 100 greatest metal guitarists of all time." According to Guitar World magazine, the No. 1 metal guitarist is Tony Iommi, the God-fearing...
  8. B

Members Favorite music

I like Black Sabbath. Does that count? I liked Henry Rollins for a time. The Sex Pistols are definitely punk. Dead Kennedys are close. Hmm. I like Soundgarden. Then again on the other hand, Chicken Salad is a complete wuss who listens to girly music. ;)
  9. B

Members Favorite music

Talking Heads Ramones Joy Division Blondie The Cardigans Siouxie and the Banshees Led Zeppelin (!) Hank Williams (Sr.) CDB Berlioz Wagner Old country songs from the '70's like "Funny Face" by Donna Fargo and "Why me, Lord?" Garbage Paul McCartney and Wings (Band on the Run and...
  10. B

My new( Now old) PC.

Shop locally, pay globally. ;) Not really, but I tried putting money in the local economy at one computer shop. Eventually I found that the RAM they sold me was bad and I also couldn't find a good case from them. I too like Igotmilk have found no problems shopping at Newegg.com. I ordered...