ASL Journal 13 now available

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
It is somehow so “ASL” that between the publishing of J12 and J13 that Hatten in Flames was both released and went out of print before the J13 article on its campaign game was printed.

That said, about to start said CG in the coming weeks so I’m looking forward to the article. It is timely for me at least!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Consider the health benefits of the ASL hobby. It's incompatible with excessive alcohol consumption
You have not attended that Swedish ASL tournament, have you?
(For the record: Nor have I, but some stories filtered down...)

von Marwitz

Reactions: Del

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Received yesterday but was too busy "adulting" to get a look at it until today. Looks sweet. I am hard at work trying to figure which scenarios from it to include in the Nor'Easter scenario list.
Got mine yesterday and like Carl, going to have some real time to examine it today, sure looks like we got great bang for our buck.

Should keep us all busy for the start of 2023. Enjoy!

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you cash out your Unlimited dual lands and Moxes? :) I played competitively for a couple years, even won a small Vintage event, but shifted to ASL because I'd always wanted to learn to play competently.
Yes, I cashed out everything, moxes, lotus, dual lands, chaos orbs, ancestral recalls, all those crazy cards. Including, of course, all the regular stuff Arabian Nights through Ice Age. I even had some alpha cards, including a Black Lotus which I actually played with at the time 😂. I mean, back then people would trade you their extra Black Lotus for some other rare random card you had. Most of my cards were actually played, and I also played for ante if I could get the other player to go for it, because back then they were just ... cards. But I still raked in a nice haul. No one thought a highly graded Black Lotus would be worth over $100,000+. That's ludicrous.

Anyway, ASL for life! 😁

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
You have not attended that Swedish ASL tournament, have you?
(For the record: Nor have I, but some stories filtered down...)

von Marwitz
No I haven't but surely that would just be for medicinal purposes, to keep the cold at bay. And hardly excessive. Probably. Maybe.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone noticed that the cover is of El Alamein? Is that a message?

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Hmm, I'd factor in the 33 separately printed scenarios on cardstock on top of those 52 pages. In my book if I manage play 15-20 quality scenarios out of this over the years it is cheap entertainment and the 52 -page magazine is more like a bonus.

But this of course is a matter of personal preference.:)

Edit: and then there is a new map included as well....
Not just "a" map, but map 77. !!

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I heard a rumour that Journal 14 is on the way. I can't quite recall where I heard this but has anyone else?
I can't imagine that we would be getting another journal so soon after the release of this one

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I heard a rumour that Journal 14 is on the way. I can't quite recall where I heard this but has anyone else?
I can't imagine that we would be getting another journal so soon after the release of this one
Typical ASLer: Nice stuff, but what have you done for me lately? 🤪:p:devilish:

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It IS a message.

The message being that we like the art.
Hi Perry, I was hoping it was an Easter egg surprise of things to come like a HASL or scenario pack about the desert.