Moon Says that CM x 2 Normandy Coming in 2009

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was speaking in general, not with respect to anyone in particular.

Here is the actual quote and response. And you are saying it was not directed to anyone in particular? If you hadn't quoted my comment you could maybe say you just pulled that comment out of thin air as some weird non sequitur but in the context of replying to my quote? Are you for real? Keep going my friend this is priceless stuff. And the funny thing even if your backpedal had a grain of truth what you would be saying in effect is that you know and determine who is high enough quality of a person to be on this forum and believe that to chase off people you feel are not quality people from GS and Geordies forum is your responsibility (longest run on sentence of the day...better hurry if you want to beat it). Not much better of a stance if you ask me. Geordie would probably prefer not to thin the crowd at all (except for real problem cases) and may even ask how you define a "quality" person. Probably better that you revert to what you really meant and keep a safe distance from your spin position.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Talk to you soon Phillip. It is probably for the best. Sometimes it seems there are a few guys here that want to keep the population down.
Quality, not quantity, Elvis

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Here is the actual quote and response.
Completely out of context and unrelated. My response wasn't to that quote.

And you are saying it was not directed to anyone in particular?
That's what I'm saying. And if you're still confused why Sgt Kelly would take that swipe at you in the other thread, you shouldn't be. Dalem and I have known that you're an instigator from our dealings with you on other forums, and this is a great example of it.

Last edited:

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Actually, it was. This thread needs some levity to balance out the Full-On-Nutterism.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Completely out of context and unrelated. My response wasn't to that quote.
If it wasn't a response to my quote then why did you quote me and then....respond? Your wrote it pal, not me. I haven't gone back to see if you edited yourself but if you didn't it is pretty clear what you said.

That's what I'm saying. And if you're still confused why Sgt Kelly would take that swipe at you in the other thread, you shouldn't be. Dalem and I have known that you're an instigator from our dealings with you on other forums, and this is a great example of it.
I'm not the one who has been banned from multiple (or any) forums.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
If it wasn't a response to my quote then why did you quote me and then....respond? Your wrote it pal, not me. I haven't gone back to see if you edited yourself but if you didn't it is pretty clear what you said. I'm not the one who has been banned from multiple (or any) forums.
To indicate I was talking to you without necessarily engaging directly with all of the points you were making. Sort of the way I'm doing right now.

Yes, I think quality of posts is more important than quantity of posts, yes, that was in reference to the last part of your quote I was responding to, no, I did not have Phillip directly in mind when I said it.

You're just stirring up crap at this point.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
12091:251? I don't follow? So are MD's posts both quality and quantity? He has elvis beat almost 50:1 in the quantity department...

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
Nuttername, I think you should stop firing these cheap shots. I also think Mr Dorosh and Elvis should continue their arguement via email instead of using this message board.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I think the thread should be locked. It would set a standard. That's my opinion. Thanks for sharing yours.

Zonso

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
we don't know as much about people as we simply and smugly assume we do.
Of course you carry on doing the very same thing here and now repeatedly, and you are completely oblivious. I'm with KenRich, I'm surprised you get away with this, entrenched or not here with your buddies.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
One last attempt to attempt to illustrate my point, and then I'll simply presume no one is capable of grasping a subtle philosophical concept.

Phillip said that he believed Steve was living solely off of the income he receives from sales derived from Combat Mission/battlefront. I said he wasn't in a position to really know this.

Phillip counters by saying he knows Steve personally; works closely in a business relationship with him with friendly overtones.

I say that doesn't matter as far as knowing the real truth.

I can relate directly to Phillip's situation, incidentally.

I used to work in a firearms store. The owner of the shop sold German militaria as well. Many people in town called him, jocularly sometimes, other times disparagingly, "Nazi ____". It was a running joke in many circles. I had no reason to believe he really was a Nazi; if he was, I wouldn't have worked for him. I was surprised over the years at the number of people who simply presumed, because the stories were so pervasive, that he simply was. I certainly didn't want to believe it about him, so I remained convinced he wasn't. I saw no evidence of it, and I felt no need to go looking. I made some money part time and enjoyed my association with him.

The association ended on a sour note over a legal matter; it was at that point that the military police questioned me regarding my association with him and informed me that they had reason to believe he was a white supremacist. They showed me no evidence or grounds for their beliefs - I wouldn't have expected them to - but I quickly cleared my own name, they informed my CO that I had no ties to any groups of that nature (this was at the time of Somalia), advised me formally not to have any further contact with my former boss, and we went our separate ways.

My former boss is ironically enough now part of the Canadian Forces himself, commissioned into the cadet instructor cadre, teaching youth. Was he really involved in the right wing movement? I still have no idea. There are a couple of books written about the movement in which he is mentioned in passing. The rumours still persist regarding him.

My point? I worked with him for a long time but we never discussed that aspect of his background and there was sufficient doubt in my mind throughout our association as to what his real background was. There are even wilder stories than that. To this day, I hear stories that his business was really an "RCMP front" because there was no way he could possibly have survived on the business alone. The military community and associated hobbies seem to breed this kind of gossip.

In Steve's case, if he wasn't making enough money off of CM/BFC to live solely off of it, I think we can safely presume that would be an embarrassing situation that would be easily concealed from anyone, and also a natural instinct for anyone in that position. Certainly it would be consistent with the concealment of sales figures from the general public. It would be natural to keep his personal finances a closely guarded secret as well.

I don't understand the resistance to this line of discussion. It's certainly come up here before, in respect to dalem's prediction that BFC ceases to exist in the next few years. That's the whole driver of the prediction - how much money they take in. If Steve has a second income, or battlefront is just a basement hobby, BFC can conceivably go on forever.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Was that 'Quality'? I am sorry but its just getting too creepy.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Never mind.
Well, if we want to bring this back on topic, the state of BFC's finances is as relevant as anything. We know that sales will not increase anytime soon. NATO module is on hold until Normandy's release. They do have the PT boat game, and Empires of Steel released in November.

Actually, the Empires of Steel release in November may have convinced Steve to push back the release of CM:N, if one really wants to speculate. It may mean that Steve is comfortable enough with their sales that they can afford to simply put the game on hold for to do final tweaking, when we all know he could just "release-and-patch" and start collecting money at the point of release in December 2009.

That's if one presumes they don't have a zillion dollars in savings already. Or second incomes. :D

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, if we want to bring this back on topic, the state of BFC's finances is as relevant as anything. We know that sales will not increase anytime soon. NATO module is on hold until Normandy's release. They do have the PT boat game, and Empires of Steel released in November.

Actually, the Empires of Steel release in November may have convinced Steve to push back the release of CM:N, if one really wants to speculate. It may mean that Steve is comfortable enough with their sales that they can afford to simply put the game on hold for to do final tweaking, when we all know he could just "release-and-patch" and start collecting money at the point of release in December 2009.

That's if one presumes they don't have a zillion dollars in savings already. Or second incomes. :D
That's a good point. We don't know, really, how well CMSF did and is doing. We might be completely misreading the lack of internet buzz, as Elvis points out, and/or Steve could be a self-made millionaire on the side. No way to know any of that. Odds are that neither of those things are true and that CMN really is a "make or break" for them, but that of course is just sheer speculation. Which can be fun.

-dale

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nuttername, I think you should stop firing these cheap shots. I also think Mr Dorosh and Elvis should continue their arguement via email instead of using this message board.
British Tommy, while I complely understand why you have singled me out please remember that I am not the only one who is addressing Michael. Zonso, KenRicg,Phillip,NUTEERNAME and even Geordie toname a few of the ones making pubic comments. That being said, because my comments have been so simple and obvious and picked up on by anyone with an interest I don't feel the need to comment further.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Maybe Steve is a secret-agent-hitman, or a male-prostitute, or a counterfeiter, or a register sex offender, or...or...or, etc.

I think its fairly obvious that the material here has run dry for certain people. Resorting to this tittering style of character assisination might tickle the 'isolated-twitch types', but it really is shameful and should be stopped. i guess some people don't know enough to be embarressed.