Window size

ASLAddict

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hello everyone,

can the Vassal Server window where you see Main Room and running games on your Mac remember its size ? I have to reconfigure it each time to get the view I want. Thanks !

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I don't know about Macs, but on Windows there are three (and only three) VASL windows that will remember their size and position: "VASL Controls", "VASL Counters" and "Server"; and in the case of "Server" it won't open automatically unless I select "look for a game online". All other Windows have to be re-sized and repositioned on start. I asked about this once a long time ago and was informed that this is a VASSAL limitation.

What none of the individual windows will remember is the position of the dividing bars within the window (e.g., in the "Server" window, the bar that divides the "Active Games" and "Current Game" boxes). These dividing bars have to be moved to the desired position every single time VASL is started.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't know about Macs, but on Windows there are three (and only three) VASL windows that will remember their size and position: "VASL Controls", "VASL Counters" and "Server"; and in the case of "Server" it won't open automatically unless I select "look for a game online". All other Windows have to be re-sized and repositioned on start. I asked about this once a long time ago and was informed that this is a VASSAL limitation.

What none of the individual windows will remember is the position of the dividing bars within the window (e.g., in the "Server" window, the bar that divides the "Active Games" and "Current Game" boxes). These dividing bars have to be moved to the desired position every single time VASL is started.

What Bruce says is just about my experience.

Though 'through some forces yet not fully understood', there seem to be rare instances in which the position of the dividing bars is remembered. This struck me a while ago as in my server window, the position of the dividing bar has changed. But for the love of god, I could not say what may have caused this. Maybe something is 'remembered' when VASL/VASSAL crashes in somehow, loses connection in some freakish way - no idea.

But I absolutely agree to Bruce - it is annoying and would be a nice improvement if it were fixed.

von Marwitz