What's the plan for POA2 after the first patch?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure how many changes have been made to the patch since Scott sent me the original beta. I also don't know if there are more changes on the way, or if there will a lengthy development time in between.

I believe there are plans to add other nationalities to the database fairly quickly, but I'm not sure which ones they will be. My understanding is that UK equipment is at the top of a short list, however, I can't speak for HPS. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

HPS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
I'm not sure how many changes have been made to the patch since Scott sent me the original beta. I also don't know if there are more changes on the way, or if there will a lengthy development time in between.
We have continued working on the patch file since last week. The latest includes fixes to the patch code itself, plus fixes and improvements on the original code. Because so many changes have been made over the original beta, I’ll probably release it as a beta again - and give it a few days to see what pops up.

I believe there are plans to add other nationalities to the database fairly quickly, but I'm not sure which ones they will be. My understanding is that UK equipment is at the top of a short list, however, I can't speak for HPS. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Once the first patch is officially released... well.. we'll start working on the second. :D I’m sure there will still be a few problems here and there to work out, but the big thing I want to get into it is the new scenario creation interface. I also want to get the Israeli and probably French equipment into the database.

See ya,
-Scott

MikeSinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HPS said:
Once the first patch is officially released... well.. we'll start working on the second. :D I’m sure there will still be a few problems here and there to work out, but the big thing I want to get into it is the new scenario creation interface. I also want to get the Israeli and probably French equipment into the database.

See ya,
-Scott
It's great to hear you plan on adding some IDF units to the database. This would seems to be a logical fit with the forces already present.

Will you make the second beta patch availble to those who would like to experiment while the final details are worked out?

Thanks,
Mike

MikeSinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kurt Stevens said:
I would like to get my hands on the beta patch as well when its available. Id really like to see how the game plays with the fixes.
Kurt,

Don mentions in another thread that he believes the patch will be released to the public in the next few days. That is, of course, his opinion and not any offical announcement from HPS.

Thanks,
Mike

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I thought the plan was to release the patch today, but I guess there must have been a last minute snag. I am using it and I think most of you will see it as a fairly significant improvement.

There are changes to the database, but I don't want to steal Scott's thunder so I'll wait for him to say what they are. The helicopters and loading issues are taken care of. Cargo planes are back in. Some of the small text display problems are corrected. There's more, but I'm sure HPS will release a list of everything that has been updated when the patch goes "official."