We need your help for the GUILD EVENT! (**Junior Officers - please check in!**)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Junior Officers, I need to know which of you can attend the guild event for sure (Sunday 15th, 6pm server time tentative) - we need to see who we have available, match them up with an event or two, and make sure we have a few spare people to hand in case someone can't show up.

Also - (and this goes out to regular guild members too!) We want the prizes this time around to be even better than last time, and they have to come from somewhere! Are you an AH junkie, and can spare some gold or sweet items as prizes? Can you craft something unique, rare, or otherwise valuable, that you'd be willing to donate as a prize? Have a line on some sweet pets, or interesting trinkets? Please let me know if you can (we need all the help we can get, so it's not just a few of us paying for everything :D ).

Please mail me (Surii) your donation, with the subject EVENT DONATION, and we'll be sure that it becomes part of a prize - we really will appreciate all the help you guys can offer - dig deep! We want to make this one extra-special, so every little bit helps!

Last edited:

narianna

Pink Floyd FTW
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Aye aye captain!
I can be there, because I have to wake up early on Monday anyway (practice for school ^^; lol), school doesn't start til Tuesday (dunno why but it ties in nicely!).

So count me in :)

I'm pretty much happy to do anything, where is the event being held?
I'll need to know where to park Narianna the night before haha >.>

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We're still finalizing all the details, but we'll let you know everything when we've got it worked out.

Are you able to donate anything, Nari?

narianna

Pink Floyd FTW
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
what about things like snowballs and the savoury deviate delights etc? fun stupid things like that... i know /i/ like that stuff xD

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Me too!

I'm going to be making some 16 slot bags for prizes, and will see about some tailoring for the squishies.

dougthefizzl

The Pwner of all pwners
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure that ill be able to make it. I'll send some gold i have for prizes and the shiny blue i picked up some time ago. Which is in the bank...pick that up if its still there would ya surii?

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You'll have to send me an in-game mail or I'll never remember Doug - there are simply too many things to try and keep straight, I'm lucky I remember to do any of them! :laugh:

Ghosted

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it home in time for the guild event, I was hoping I might get out early from work, but the main manager is working this sunday and that's not helping.

Hope you guys have fun!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh - totally. I can move the thread to the backend somewhere, or physically delete the entire thing. But that goes against the forum policies. With the exception of individual forum-related business (where applicable), it is understood that threads and posts are never removed, edited, or deleted. The idea is to let everything sit as it 'was'; an accurate record of what went down, and it keeps people from crying 'he changed the post' whenever it's convenient.

If something is said here, it pretty much *stays* here, unless the author himself changes his post before the 'timer' expires (iirc messages after a certain point can no longer be edited by the author).

I totally agree with this. As I have said on this forum, numerous times over my many years here, "I will defend to the death a person's right to make a public ass of themselves on the forums..."

And let the record stand! :laugh:

dougthefizzl

The Pwner of all pwners
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I see what you can't do...good thing I can edit my own crap for a while :) and I did recently as well. I also agree with the forum policies.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yup, best to leave everything 100% uncensored, and vile stuff we just 'hide' in a staff area, which keeps it out of public view, but still preserves what was said. It's not fun when the membership starts accusing mods of editing posts to make the evidence 'appear', etc. That kind of thing would never be done here, of course, but it's better to have it as a solid policy when we can.