Unit Status and call back count

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been stumped on two scripting problems. How do you get Call Back Count and Unit Status to end a phase.

Set up:

Enemy force starts out in defensive holes. Should player attempt to envelop enemy force, I want them to mount up up and attack to defeat blue force.

Scripting Setup:

Prerequisite Data:

Route: Route I want enemy force to use on order
Objective: Provided objective for enemy force to attack and secure

Phases:

Phase I:

Initiate Hierarchy Orders: Left Blank
Sustain Orders: One order: Order Execute Conditions-Event Box (BLUEFOR) tagged; Hierarchy Orders-Cancel Toggle Order, Hold Fire (for one unit) Cancel Toggle Order, Hold Fire (for a second enemy unit);
Phase End Conditions-Event Box (BLUEFOR tagged)

Phase II:

Initiate Hierarchy Orders: Cancel Toggle Order, Hold Fire (For third enemy unit)
Sustain Order: One order; Order Execute Conditions-Event Box (BLUEFOR); Hierarchy Orders-Mount (enemy force tagged)
Phase End Conditions-Unit Status-Mission Code (left blank), Echelon (left blank, but did check once did nothing to help), Unit Type (Dismount (all Mounted/Dismounted set), Hierarchy Name (appropriate unit selected), check true? (I checked this. If I don't, the phase seems to end before the units are mounted.)

Phase III

Initiate Hierarchy Orders: Assign Path (path selected)
Sustain Order: Left blank for now, will fill with order to conduct a wave assault)
Phase End Conditions: Call Back Count: I select the proper hierarchy, enter 100 for force percentage, selected one condition or the order, and finally enter the number of vehicles in that hierarchy.

When I test the plan, everything works up to the end of phase II. They enemy unit mounts up, but doesn't move, or even be assigned a path. I deleted Phase III just to check if the plan would end. It doesn't. That works for both Call Back Count and Unit Status.

For Call Back Count, do you need to enter the number of vehicles in the hierarchy, the number of dismounts, or the number of carriers? The same goes for Hierarchy Count, what number is the engine looking for?

Thanks

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Phase II condition (unit status), make sure that all of the check marks are empty (except for the one specifying all mounted/dismounted and the "check true" box). It sounds like you specified "dismount" in the bos flags. Also make sure you have specified the lowest hierarchy that you want to mount (i.e. if only one platoon is mounting, only look at that platoon, not the whole company).

If this doesn't fix it, send me the files and I will trouble shoot.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was the check in dismount the problem?

This is without a doubt the hardest support question I have ever had. It is hard to debug without seeing what you are seeing.

I really need to get off my ass and document more of the scenario builder.

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat Proctor said:
Was the check in dismount the problem?

This is without a doubt the hardest support question I have ever had. It is hard to debug without seeing what you are seeing.

I really need to get off my ass and document more of the scenario builder.
I had checked the dismount option. The problem was far more simplistic. Not all the dismounts could mount. I had several mortar teams assigned to the enemy battalion, but left out transporters since I didn't intend to move them. So to the engine, not ALL dismounts were mounted.

It probably would have taken me a week or so to solve it myself. Your comment Also make sure you have specified the lowest hierarchy that you want to mount (i.e. if only one platoon is mounting, only look at that platoon, not the whole company) made me try to just mount a single platoon. That worked fine. That led me to review my hierarchy, and that's when I spotted the mortar platoon. (Slapped self up side the head. :D )