Unit Organization question.

ltgentanz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello

So I've bought all the Panzer Campaigns for android and have enjoyed them a lot so far. I've read the manual and looked up abbreviations but still can't figure out what some mean. For instance the 5th Panzer Div. in the free downloads for JTS has units with abbreviations in brackets most are self explanatory e.g (mot), (HT).

The ones that I can't figure out are (-) assigned to some of the units. Also in MG44' one of the missions has three detached Btn. with a (+) in their unit information. If anyone could explain these or guide me to a site that explains all these bracket abbreviations in detail for the campaign series I'd be grateful. Thanks for any help.

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Itgentanz,

The (-) and (+) following a unit designation means that the unit is not complete, in the case of the (-), or that it has been augmented, for the (+).
If a Brigade has one Battalion off on a different mission, or if a Company was minus a Platoon, those would be (-). If there had been a Battery of AT guns added, and under direct control of the original that would be indicated by (+).

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I subscribe to the adage, "Cooperate and graduate".
Can't generally follow that one in school, but it's a good way to go through life.