Trouble with Viewing Scenarios off Net.

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could help with my problem. I downloaded a couple of scenarios off the net from some other URL and unzipped them only to find I cannot open them to look at in editor and they don't appear on play list. I downloaded them in Scenarios folder where I think they ought to be but possibly this is where I'm going wrong. Also, I don't know but I might also have version problems.

I have TOAW-COW 1.00.00. Are there any updates and if so where?

When I surf I see things for Vol. I & II, elete amd WoTY but no updates for COW. Is COW all of these so it doesn't matter? Perplexed and possibly ignorant am I.

Any help you fine gamers can give would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Big Ivan:cry:

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can find the updates to TOAW COW HERE

Your scenario problem is probably unrelated. Make sure after you unzip the file it actually shows up in your Talonsoft/TOAW-CW/Scenarios folder and that they have the .sce extension. Maybe try a different site (ours perhaps?) to get a few test scenarios to make sure it works for you. Maybe the other site just had a few bad zip files or something?

Good luck soldier!

MattyB

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also,

Please be aware that you can also play scenarios created in TOAW, TOAW II and WOTY ONLY IF they were saved under the latest version of those games.

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Re: Re: Trouble with Viewing Scenarios off Net.

Originally posted by Bob Cross
That's why the scenarios don't show You need to be updated to the same level as the scenarios were made under. Most have been made under version 1.04
IIRC the scenarios will show fine with the wrong version- just won't run.

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Thanks Comrades!!

I'll give your suggestions a try and I appreciate all your help!!!

May success follow your flag!

Big Ivan

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Opps Comrades! Darn it!

I downloaded 1.4 patch of Talonsoft site which is patch for directx 8.0. I have directx 8.0 on my system. Deleted .icd files per installation directions and installed patch normally. It said 95 files updated. Ok to this point.

However, when I go to run game I get message "place correct CD Rom Disck in drive and restart application"

For some reason it's not reading my current disk. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
..i had similar with toaw1, until i'd checked the register, the damn silly disc wanted to use M: not D: for the disc so refused to run..,

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Ok A white rabbit

How do a check or correct register? Or for a matter of fact can it be done?

Working with register is something I've not done.

Thanks

Big Ivan:eek:

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
ACOW Patch 1.4

:cry:
Like many of you I download the 1.4 patch and get the gRRRRRR message telling to "insert the CDROM"
I play with the registry modiying all the letters of vthe CDROM path in HKey current user software talon soft bla bla bla
and no changes occurs.
I'm realy disapointed is there a possibility to play with the latest scenario files without this non working patch. What's sttrange are the size of op**.exe files in the original it is 1mb and in the patch they are like 300K

Any help are welcome

Best Regards From France

:hurt:

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Well unless you use Windows XP you could try version 1.03 (I think Talonsoft still have it, if not then maybe some has a copy saved). It's compatible with 1.04 though theatre recon events will be screwed up.

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance

Hallas Hallas, Brother,

I' try with Me or W2K and same behaviour ->>>>> Insert CD :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
All I can say is try talking to Talonsoft's customer support people. Suggest that you'll want a refund if you can't get it working- otherwise they'll probably ignore you.

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Originally posted by jlbetin

Hallas Hallas, Brother,

I' try with Me or W2K and same behaviour ->>>>> Insert CD :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
I assume this is Alas, Alas as opposed to some form of greeting along the lines of hello...

I think I modified my instrux slightly from the norm because of some minor problem that took me a while to get round, so here they are from the point at which you need to 'touch' the registry:

6. Open your registry. Find the Talonsoft TOAW-CW entry for CD path. It probably refers to drive d: or e: or whichever drive letters arre associated with your CD drives.
7. Change the CD Path to be wherever you copied the smk file to.
(e.g. "c:\Program Files\Talonsoft\TOAW-CW\CD\" and DON'T forget the last \- that's what I used anyway).
8. Save changes.

I think it was the last \ that took a lot of time to figure- just make sure you have this in.

Hope this helps.

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It falls working

:eek:

Komrads

I got crazy !!!

since 1 o'clock this morning the 1.4 patch works. And Idon't know why, and I work in computing since 20 years now!! shame!!

here is what I done

1st) install original 1.4 talonsoft files,
2nd )install the exe files from the geocities Zip
3rd ) by mistake I let the path to my CDROM ( but in capital letter) J:\TOAW-CW\

And It falls working ( bad translation of a french joke sentence "tomber en marche" the right sentence is "tomber en panne" ( to stop working)).

ONE important point it don't understand, if I look at the size of op*.exe files in the 1.4 patch -> 300K, it is quite different for usual 1 Mb . what is the size of op*.exe in your machines ??

So Gents I invade Japan before INVADE US, hourrah for European Union:mad:

So TOAW brothers if in other case I can do something, I will be pleased to give help. For that just give an Email/Call to France

Best Regards

Dan Neely

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
that's because the op*.exe's only purpose is to unencrypt the actaul executable witch safedisk has locked up the the *.ICD file.