"The Steel Triad:" a CMAK - Multiplayer Event.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
KGPanzerschrecK said:
Yes we were once a secret society. The old gaurd members like myself can be identified by their KG honor rings and a tatoo of our coat of arms directly over the heart. :hush: :devious:
SEE!! SEE!!...I told you!! They're a cult I tell you, a cult!!! :scream: Probably Masons!!

Cache les femmes et les enfants!!! Les barbars est a la porte!!! :horse:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some "TST" info for you all to chew on. :D

Curious about what the Rd1 map SORT of looks like and wondering about it's possibile size & if your PC can handle it?

Check out the Operation Scenario "Sidi Nsir" and run a few hotseat turns as a test...:whist:
Don't say you haven't been warned! :devil:

Due to the number of teams 8-10 (up from the 2-4 I thought would be in it) the level of "moderation" will be greatly reduced from what I had planned on initially. :OHNO: :cry:

There will be NO break in between the rounds for adjustments & unit modifications.

Instead it will be as follows: Rounds comprising of Part A & Part B (with NO PAUSE) and turns will be "set" at 90. :surprise: (sort of how an operational scenario works) Watch those "useless" firefights = ammo drain.

The new "interesting" part is (drum roll please) you will NOT be told INITALLY how long each Part will last, nor what turn Rd 1 ends!! :crosseye:
Could be 10/20/30/40+ turns per. Part A could be 20 turns long & Part B could run 40.

You'll get roughly a 10 turn notiification before the Round ends: then all military efforts & priorities switch to another more critical sector.

Strategic Mission: You're simply be ordered to: "take that town etc ASAP." How it's done tactically is up to each team. Remember there will be no flags and victory / defeat will rest on how "well" each side accomplishes it's Operational Orders.

When "Part A" ends (whenever it is) the High Command (me) will look over your situation by Aerial Recon :laugh: & based on how well your team has accomplished it's goal(s) your team may get new Operational Orders on the fly = "Part B." (note- there are predetermined "accomplishments" I will go by etc)

New operational orders could be like:
1. Continue with current orders advance/defend/etc.
2. Continue but switch to new "objectives."
3. Completely switch orders: if on offensive go on defensive and defend... etc.

Also, Strategic Reinforcements are withheld/released based solely on each teams unique situation. Some teams may never get them, some may need "all" of them.

Curiously enough the ending of Part A will not be the same turn for bothsides... :nuts:

So- if your team has been attacking (you think the enemy is on the defensive?) & suddenly you're told to start defending you won't know if the enemy has been defending all this time or (be prepared for)... maybe they have been maneuvering instead all of "Part A" sucking you in to set up a counter-attack / trap & they don't need new orders for Part B. :devious:

There will be "Exit Zones" showing for each side, so you won't know if that's part of the enemys opeartional mission or not. Your orders "stop the enemy from exiting the map!" Sorry & too bad- the enemy's orders have nothing to do with exiting anybody, it's eliminating you! :p

Each games "action" will be determined by each team and few should be or feel the same. Hopefully the the MP games will turn out to be YOUR games.

BTW- as you can probably tell, by it's very nature Round 1 will most definitely be a design in progress, I hope it will at least be fun.

It also might be a real bit** but then, even some of "those" are exciting to play with! :love:

Last edited:

Boff

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yay!!! :bounce: :bounce: :clap: :clap: :hurray: :hurray: :clap: :clap: :bounce: :bounce:
I think.. :confused:

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting, but sounds like a good challenge and after getting whipped by ER, I need a chance to grab some glory!!

BigMik1

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
More stuff for you all.

1. First off to remind everyone of the duration of TST- it will take years to complete. Trying to get 6 players (in order) to do a turn a week minimum is a tough process, at 30 to 60+ turns a round and @10 rds thats how long? This is designed for fun/excitment and not the real gaining of ladder points. (How any of those are going to be determined for TST has not been figured out yet.)

2. I'm thinking of creating a sub-forum for TST.
In it will be a General/Axis/Allied thread.
Questions- Do we need 3 threads? Do we need the Ax/Al to be passworded? How much do you think you will need to "talk" as a team in the forum? I suspect most will be done between each team via emails. (Note: having teamspeak2 works great for this type of game)

3. Still missing team commanders & desired emails for some teams.

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Palantir said:
(Note: having teamspeak2 works great for this type of game)
Hmmm not sure it will help my team.... as far as I'm remember, are we a true international team, i.e. from different time zones :cheeky:

But I can live with e-mail or if people agress use a dedicated forum. As I see it will using a dedicated forum keep all information at one place and not in a mail in somebodys inbox. And mayby most important, you (Palantir) can follow the games closely and mayby react if something goes wrong...?!?!?

Last edited:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Need another 3-man team!

Hey, anybody out there willing to tackle the JoeBob/Bruce/ThinWhiteLine juggernaut? :lier:

Apparently we won't be able to participate unless another team is formed. We don't care about which side we play.

Any of you KG boyz interested? :bounce:

Anybody, anybody....

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the Allied players convenience I have provided the following translations of a few new Axis phrases found in CMAK.

Cedo giê, che senso alla parte posteriore? =
I surrender already, which way to the rear?

Il mio asino esso siete ammalato, potete aiutarli? =
My donkey it is sick, can you help it?

Carri armati? Denominate quei carri armati, noi denominate gli automobili con le latte della benzina fissati!=
Tanks? You call those tanks, we call them cars with petrol cans attached!

Pssst, è tempo di commutare i lati ancora? =
Pssst, is it time to switch sides yet?

And for the Axis players convenience I have also provided the following translations of a few new UK phrases found in CMAK.

Did we Cuddle and Kiss Rosy Lee nickle and dime? =
Did we miss tea time?

One has sand in one's knickers. Heavens above! How smashing! =
I have sand in my pants!

Care fo' a gyem iv cricket hinnies? =
Care for a game of Cricket boys?

One dane't guess that you, one's old bean, have any biscuits ohn you, doh you? Absolutely top hole - I have to say. =
Do you have any biscuits?

Do ya 'ave any Ten Furlongs? =
Do you have any water?

Alwigh' who's idea was it ter fill our petrol Desperate Dans wif Rosy Lee? =
Alright who's idea was it to fill our petrol cans with tea?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

airBiscuit

Assistant CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I wrote to John Osborne already, but I'll just put it out in the forum if it helps get one more team out there.

I'll be happy to be on a 10th team if you need a guy. Otherwise, best of luck, all of you.

KG_AGCent

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Palantir said:
3. Still missing team commanders & desired emails for some teams.
I'll step up as the Fearless Leader for Axis team #3.

For those curious about our status as a secret cult, I would simply direct you to those members of FGM who so unhappily strayed into our cross-hairs recently. One could decribe the experience as... painful. Any way you slice it, capturing a full, regular/vet russian guards infantry company in one fell swoop is certainly noteworthy. Scoring decisive victories in 3 games and barely allowing a tie in a fourth is also nothing to sneeze at.

Membership in KG is not for the smaktard, punk, dullard, facist or communist. Anyone else may feel free to apply but trial membership (recruit status) is granted only after a review of the aspirant's application followed by an explicit invitation.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The "High Command" has pin-pointed the area of your operations: somewhere between Buq Buq & Nibeiwa. :devious:

A very nice air recon "photo" of the area is now being processed by the intel chaps and will soon be sent to the team commanders for their mission planing. Note- Dust in the air is obscuring some features which may mean they will not look the exact same when the troops on the ground get there. :whist:

High command is finalizing what formations will be availibile for "this" early morning mission.

** = Team Commanders
Axis-
1. KG-**JAG/KG-Cloghaun/KG-Panzerschreck
2. KG-**Panther/KG-Thorshammer/KG-SSpoom
3. KG-**AGCent/KG-Koz/KG-Kharkov
4. ANZ-**Tripps/Gaz-NZ/Victor Charlie

Allied-
1. UK- **Boff/Full Monty/GunnerC
2. UK- **Nig/Doodlebug/Antoni36
3. UN- **The Purist/Cougar-DK/BigMik1 (need email)
4. CA- **Wehrwolf/2054172/Deadly 88

Stand by-
Team 9. **ThinWhiteLine/Bruce/JoeBob (need team emails)
Team 10. **John Osborne (need email)/airBiscuit/??
We are 1 player short of having 2 more teams in the contest, any takers?

Last edited:

John Osborne

Reaction score
Palantir said:
** = Team Commanders
Axis-
1. KG-**JAG/KG-Cloghaun/KG-Panzerschreck
2. KG-**Panther/KG-Thorshammer/KG-SSpoom
3. KG-**AGCent/KG-Koz/KG-Kharkov
4. ANZ-**Tripps/Gaz-NZ/Victor Charlie

Allied-
1. UK- **Boff/Full Monty/GunnerC
2. UK- **Nig/Doodlebug/Antoni36
3. UN- **The Purist/Cougar-DK/BigMik1 (need email)
4. CA- **Wehrwolf/2054172/Deadly 88

Stand by-
Team 9. **ThinWhiteLine/Bruce/JoeBob (need team emails)
Team 10. **John Osborne (need email)/airBiscuit/??
We are 1 player short of having 2 more teams in the contest, any takers?
Email address for John Osborne

John Osborne

Reaction score
airBiscuit said:
Well, I wrote to John Osborne already, but I'll just put it out in the forum if it helps get one more team out there.

I'll be happy to be on a 10th team if you need a guy. Otherwise, best of luck, all of you.
airBiscuit if you wrote to me I didn't get it. I'm interested in joining.

JohnO

airBiscuit

Assistant CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Osborne said:
airBiscuit if you wrote to me I didn't get it. I'm interested in joining.

JohnO
Okay, cool. I used the 'Email' feature in the forums, but maybe it doesn't work right.

In any case, we need just one more man to wrap this up.