Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
The Light Brigade: Armored Joust Team

Gentlemen,

Let us use this thread, shall we, to post any questions or concerns you may have about the upcoming joust. For those of you who have not visited Vultures website yet here are some highlights.

The Team - Side played

The Purist - Narzee Devil and Team Despot
Norad - Narzee Devil
Artur - Narzee Devil
Dr Sinister - Narzee Devil, Team 2IC and future despot (after the coup)
Redwolf - Narzee Devil
Boff - Narzee Devil
BigMik1 - Defender of the Empire
Scipio - Defender of the Empire
JVD Fugitive - Defender of the Empire
Osvold - Defender of the Empire
Yohajin - Defender of the "British" Empire
GZ Naz - Defender of the Empire

Points: 3000 (5000 with aggreement from your vile opponent)
All Armour: units must be chosen from the "Armour" button, no fancy "support", "vehicles" or "infantry"/"artillery" of any sort.

Version to be used: CMAK v 1.01 however, this may change if v1.03 is out soon.

Full details available at Vulture's site. I would post the link 'here',...however, my Batman is away on leave and I hardly know how to turn this bloody machine on.

Last edited:

Boff

Reaction score
Country
ll
As we're all going to be on the same side in this I guess we can discuss some buying strategies. Based on the assumption that the date will be Oct '42 what will be the best armour picks for Allies & Axis? Dozens of Stuarts/PzIIIJs or something a bit more subtle? Options are rather limited but what combination gives the best bang/buck ratio? :hmmm:

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Boff said:
Dozens of Stuarts/PzIIIJs or something a bit more subtle? Options are rather limited but what combination gives the best bang/buck ratio? :hmmm:
Good question. I myself like the big guns. I'll be swanning about in German equipment and am curious about just how many Stuarts one could be facing. Their rarity would be low in comparison to the Pz IVF2/Gs and one could swamped by a blizzard of high velocity 37mm shells. The Mk IVs armour is a touch thin, but that gun,...delicious.

Of course,...the Sherman will be a bit pricy at this time and I wonder just how much pounding they will be able to take before a 50mm from a Pz IIIJ finds the mark. :horse:

I would suggest you load up a few QBs and do some dry runs concerning purchasing.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So, we get to choose our preferred side to play as do we?

I'm a German armour freak - big guns are nice because you don't get punished so easily if you make an error, I'm not so good with the IIIs and IVs but I do like StuGs - low profile, large gun, cheap to use.

Dr. S.

Boff

Reaction score
Country
ll
Doctor Sinister said:
So, we get to choose our preferred side to play as do we?

I'm a German armour freak - big guns are nice because you don't get punished so easily if you make an error, I'm not so good with the IIIs and IVs but I do like StuGs - low profile, large gun, cheap to use.

Dr. S.
No we don't get to choose, however I se from the official joust page: http://www.667.hab.dsl.pipex.com/Wargaming/CM/2004-Armoured-Joust-CMAK/2004-Armoured-Joust-CMAK-Team-Listing.html
that you are indeed playing as axis. :smoke:

Vulture(FGM)

Reaction score
Country
ll
I have had to slip the start date of the Joust by a week until Saturday 4th Dec. :(

The 3 Blitz teams are not full, and in fact will have to reduce to 2. I am endeavouring to fill the remaining 5 slots. Due to a comms problem the Band Of Brothers have still to confirm their team/teams and are currently working on this. I want a clear week between all the teams being filled and confirmed, and the start of the Joust.

The Joust map and other details will be confirmed during this week.

Assuming there is no negative feedback about CMAK Patch 1.03 the Joust will be conducted at that version.

Cheers

Vulture

http://www.667.hab.dsl.pipex.com/Wargaming/CM/2004-Armoured-Joust-CMAK/2004-Armoured-Joust-CMAK-Homepage.html

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Doctor Sinister said:
Do you know...I never checked. I'm a fool!
Not at all Number One! See my first post on this thread,...I have posted the "pole positions" for quick reference. Of course, do have your batman occasionally check the website for more details.

If Vulture does not post somethings of importance here I will add as they pop up.

Last edited:

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Some point values

Here are some costs for various tanks available in 10/42, please note, these are "individual" values. When purchased as platoons, the subordinate tanks are about 10 - 15% cheaper.

Allied:

Stuart I, II or III - 85
Valentine VIII - 69
Churchill IV - 129
Crusader III - 81
M3 Lee - 112
M3 Grant - 182
Sherman II (early) - 176
Sherman III (early) - 137

German:

PzKw IIIJ (late) - 125
PzKw IIIL - 137
PzKw IVF2 - 218
PzKw IVG (early) - 171
PzKw IVG - 258
PzKw VIE (early) - 516
StuG IIIF (late?) - 312
Marder III(r) - 96
Marder IIIH - 150

So, gentlemen, have your staff break out their adding machine and have them crunch some numbers for 3000 or 5000 point battles. If "Panther 76" rules are in effect our allied player could expect to see Tigers. At this point in history they cost 1806 pts for a platoon of four,...two platoons plus a platoon of Pz IIIs would give your opponent only 12 tanks. However, lest one panic, for the same 5000 poinsts the allied player could field 81 Valentine VIIIs (57mm gun), 183 points for a troop of three tanks.

Last edited:

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Latest update

Attention to orders,....

Gentlemen,....gentlemen,....your attention, please.

Thank you,... <ahem>,...

It would appear Monsieur Le Vulture shall be making the 'draw' for the battles this weekend, 27 November, to be precise. If you have not already done so, you may wish to play around abit with the numbers so that you have a good idea what armour you will take into battle.

The balloon will being going up soon and it promises to be a great show!!

Carry on.

Vulture(FGM)

Reaction score
Country
ll
Tournament Update

Okay guys, a further update for you. After chewing at length on the subject, I have decided to change the Joust map, and use the one designed by The Purist. I have added a couple of extra flags, that's all, otherwise it is unaltered. Hopefuly it will be uploaded tonight. I can confirm that the Joust will be set in Oct 1942. Only vehicles available then can be used. (So no Tigers or Stugs for the Axis boys).

I have already worked out a draw for 8 teams and circulated it around the existing 8 team captains, however both the Band of Brothers and the Blitz are on the verge of being able to field an extra team apiece, so I will delay formally publishing the draw until after the weekend. A competition of 10 teams (120 players) would make it the biggest I have ever organised, and largest one I have seen todate, so I'm willing to hang on a little while longer.

The proposed start date of 4th Dec still looks good at the moment.

Strength and honour.

Vulture

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Reserve players needed.

Greetings fellow WHQ'ers,

I was noticing that we are shy one or two reserve players for the upcoming joust. Mephisto has dropped out, urgent business in his home county. I would imagine some vassal or another is making trouble while he is preparing for our great Crusade.

I will ask Norad to fill the open spot in our ranks and advise Vulture of the change once it is confirmed. However, I think it would be wise to have one or two other loyal minions available to fill the ranks should some stalwart fall.

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Replacement...

I have contacted KG_Panther to see if he wants on board. He was the only member that did not make it on the list do to the size of the team being set at 12. If he declines I will join unless another member wants a shot.

Members get 1st dibs.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Have we decided/agreed upon a Password yet? According to the rules of the tourney all members of the same team need to use the same password. How do we go about this without revealing this vital piece of intelligence to the enemy?

Captain - will you be assigning this?

Dr. S.