The Hawkins weapon - Mine, grenade, or ATM?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That lovely little recycled talcum powder canister maufactured a bit differently and voila: one of the most unique weapons to be issued to special troops ( commandos; parachute troops, etc.)

Made by the Self Opening Tin Box Company. with a screw off cap that allowed for a push in detonator to be inserted into the Comp B. a Pressure plate with a short lead welded onto the side of the can with 2 spot welds, and what do you get?

The British Manuals for Military Arms included the device in both defensive grenades and also mines and mine warare. Which was it?

The 82nd and 101st troopers carried 2 each into combat that were to be turned over to the engineer company upon assembly and all men received training in using the detonators and mines to lay a "daisy chain" anti - tank weapon.

Used with effectiveness in Oosterbeek and on Renkum Heath by the Red Devils.

KRL, jon H

Drow

Reaction score
That lovely little recycled talcum powder canister maufactured a bit differently and voila: one of the most unique weapons to be issued to special troops ( commandos; parachute troops, etc.)

Made by the Self Opening Tin Box Company. with a screw off cap that allowed for a push in detonator to be inserted into the Comp B. a Pressure plate with a short lead welded onto the side of the can with 2 spot welds, and what do you get?

The British Manuals for Military Arms included the device in both defensive grenades and also mines and mine warare. Which was it?

The 82nd and 101st troopers carried 2 each into combat that were to be turned over to the engineer company upon assembly and all men received training in using the detonators and mines to lay a "daisy chain" anti - tank weapon.

Used with effectiveness in Oosterbeek and on Renkum Heath by the Red Devils.

KRL, jon H
Doesn't look much does it. http://forums.filefront.com/fh2-suggestions/389424-pacific-war-4-british-commonwealth-infantry-weapons.html says it came out in 1942. I don't think I'd want to be at the end of it.
View attachment 40208

Bill

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doesn't look much does it. http://forums.filefront.com/fh2-suggestions/389424-pacific-war-4-british-commonwealth-infantry-weapons.html says it came out in 1942. I don't think I'd want to be at the end of it.
View attachment 40208

Bill
Apparently able to effectively immobilize a Tiger when paired together. Made popular in "Saving Ryan's Privates" ( or some such Speilberg film).

do you think THESE were what the game designers were thinking of in ASL when they designed the Daisy Chain sections of the rules?

KRL, jon H