The Gamers Players Directory

Birdgunner

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As sgtono mentioned in another post (http://www.war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24782) there should be a player directory for the Gamers games so that it may be easier to find opponents nearby.

I think that whenever MMP gets thier new and improved website they should build a more flexable player directory. Something that can be updated by the players, filtered (for lack of a better word) so that a person can check for players that only play OCS, or TCS, or ASL, etc....

What do you guys think?

Here is a rough example

Name
Denis Dorion

Games Played
ASL, OCS, TCS, SCS, Other(MG:MG)

birdgunner_022@hotmail.com

Cheers

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kenn Monte
Columbus, Ohio
ASL
OCS
SCS
TCS
MMP Area (MGMG, etc)

stuff from <ahem> other vendors

and I have the pleasure of playing 3 of the other posters in this thread.
(yes Denis, I finally sent that setup file)
(hey Keith, take your time on the WW Rules)
(same for you Rob on OCS)

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
In the unlikely event that an orphaned local gamer looks in on this thread, here I am.

I'll give any Gamers game a go, but I'm accustomed to playing OCS, SCS, CWB and CWR. I've tried TCS solo, but it didn't cut it for me; same of NWB (although I'll likely retry this now that the revised rules are out).

warriorcat

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
gamers

anybody gave it a try playing via cyberboard??? I think only OCS SCS ans acw can do the TCs has too many interactions to be viable.

never could find humans to play face to face..way to long.
snif
jc :nuts:

Bear

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Milne said:
In the unlikely event that an orphaned local gamer looks in on this thread, here I am.

I'll give any Gamers game a go, but I'm accustomed to playing OCS, SCS, CWB and CWR. I've tried TCS solo, but it didn't cut it for me; same of NWB (although I'll likely retry this now that the revised rules are out).
How well does SCS PBEM??

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Couldn't honestly give an opinion. Some SCS stuff is pretty much igo-ugo, others seem to have a bit of reaction involved, which would slow pbem up. I've only really played Stalingrad Pocket and Mighty Endeavor.

Bear

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Milne said:
Couldn't honestly give an opinion. Some SCS stuff is pretty much igo-ugo, others seem to have a bit of reaction involved, which would slow pbem up. I've only really played Stalingrad Pocket and Mighty Endeavor.
Perhaps I should take a close look at Stalingrad Pocket. First thing that comes to mind is overruns and exploitation.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Marcus Leja
Calgary, Alberta

I'm a serious ASL player, but it's also time to get into some WWII gaming beyond the tactical scale. I'm keen to get some exposure to The Gamers' OCS series.

If anyone would like to play an OCS game on VASSAL, or if you're going to be in the Calgary area and would like some FtF, please message me. Let's get something started. :)

E-mail: vjportal@eastlink.ca