The ASL Word of the Day

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
They were so good I read all three volumes in about 6 weeks. They were hard to put down (especially Army at Dawn, though that may have been because of my relatively limited knowledge on that aspect of the war). There is a draw-back in that he stops the review of the war in Italy shortly after the fall of Rome but all in all they are captivating reading. BTW I used to read a lot but at my age now I normally fall asleep after a few pages. These were an exception.
As a kid I used to read under the covers with a flashlight. I remember being so entranced with Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising that I was reading it while taking a bath. A hundred pages a night was a common thing. These days I am lucky to get a couple paragraphs. ☹

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Gun
noun
1. a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missles are propelled by explosive force typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

2. Informal
muscular arms; well-developed bicep muscles.

verb
Informal
cause ( an engine ) to race.

3. noun, verb, adjective, adverb
Slang East Fishian

to play any sort of game.

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
As a kid I used to read under the covers with a flashlight. I remember being so entranced with Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising that I was reading it while taking a bath. A hundred pages a night was a common thing. These days I am lucky to get a couple paragraphs. ☹
These days with electronic devices the pages read you more than to read them!!!😳

As long as they arnt the same paragraphs you are ahead of the storyline! Enjoyment is the key 😄

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Gun
noun
1. a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missles are propelled by explosive force typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

2. Informal
muscular arms; well-developed bicep muscles.

verb
Informal
cause ( an engine ) to race.

3. noun, verb, adjective, adverb
Slang East Fishian

to play any sort of game.
Sharp noise As in Crackers : explosive noise made when you move your muscles and joints throwing those good dice. “I’m gunna get you??”

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bought "Red Storm Rising" while in Baltimore for Origins ('86 if I recall correctly), started reading when I retired for the night
and just couldn't put the book down. Finished it about 3AM. Tom Clancy had the right stuff as a writer.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Bought "Red Storm Rising" while in Baltimore for Origins ('86 if I recall correctly), started reading when I retired for the night
and just couldn't put the book down. Finished it about 3AM. Tom Clancy had the right stuff as a writer.
Exactly!! Great book!🤗

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stayed up to 3 in the morning because I started the last part of The Sum of All Fears around 6pm, could not put it down. That next day at work sucked.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Eidetic ( ei•det•ic )
adjective

relating to or denoting mental images having unusual vividness and detail as if actually visible.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Innovate ( in•no•vate )
verb

make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas or products.

• introduce ( something new, especially a product).

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Innovate ( in•no•vate )
verb

make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas or products.

Inspired by that Finnish machine gun in the New Challenge thread. Those boys did well.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Innovate ( in•no•vate )
verb

Inn O' Vate
noun
the only hostelry in Vate.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I was under the weather for a few days with some stomach troubles. Apparently I am back. The forum erupts in applause. Thank you, thank you!🥰

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Innovate ( in•no•vate )
verb

INOR vate: a French ASL module?? that introduces a new battlefield experience with river Barge mounted machine guns in wine vats? Counter battery and artillery interdiction to prevent Fomage delivery 🚚 😬😊

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
I was under the weather for a few days with some stomach troubles. Apparently I am back. The forum erupts in applause. Thank you, thank you!🥰
Gotta admit I looked? You were missed. Mind you Ive missed most of the shots I’ve taken during ASL recently?? 😬
(Maybe it was the shots you took that caused your problem)😳

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Ideation ( i•de•a•tion )
noun

the formation of ideas or concepts.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Ideation ( i•de•a•tion )
noun

In a very convoluted way was inspired by Martin's idea in the Cloaking thread about treating broken units like disrupted as far as being able to move through them at Night. Very intriguing. Nice ideation.

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ideation ( i•de•a•tion )
noun

“I can't get no ideation”
All I got his poor concentration?
But I try, try, TRY.
I can't get no, I can't get no

Yes I’m reading pacific rules again about Japanese TH hero,s and DC hero’s. What to do? No real idea? 😳