Table 2

PhilC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Would someone please confirm - when using Table A2, should I make a roll for each infantry unit individually or as a stack. Reason for question - I'm sure how to deal with multiple inf units in the same location with differing classes. Many thanks

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would someone please confirm - when using Table A2, should I make a roll for each infantry unit individually or as a stack. Reason for question - I'm sure how to deal with multiple inf units in the same location with differing classes. Many thanks
Use the priorities established in S6.1, applying those by unit type represented in a stack.

PhilC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
thanks for that but just to clarify ...suppose the type was such that they all fell into priority 3 (all other infantry units), given that the stack consists of units of differing classes, should I make a roll for each infantry unit individually or as a stack?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe it's implied (strongly), a single DR is made for each group noted in S6.1. That is to say all infantry not possessing a gun/HW, regardless of their Morale status, would be affected by the single DR for the stack and applied individually.

They already admit that much more dice rolling is involved with SASL and I believe this to be one way to reduce the number of dice rolls one must make. Of course, it's your game and if you don't mind making several more dice rolls, feel free to do so. The rules as presented are much more of a guide than a rigid track to follow when playing (several rules even point this aspect out).

Last edited:

PhilC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Many thanks Eagle4ty that makes perfect sense... and I suppose, any unit suffering panic when rolling for the stack would just be dropped from the group action?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many thanks Eagle4ty that makes perfect sense... and I suppose, any unit suffering panic when rolling for the stack would just be dropped from the group action?
If I understand your response correctly, by necessity they would only suffer the effect of Panic, yes.