Stuka attacks & concealment loss

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My friend Robert Hammond sent me this PerrySez:

Q.
My opponent has a Stuka. I have a Concealed squad in an Open Ground hex that has not moved. I just Assault Moved another Concealed squad into the same Open Ground hex. My opponent declared that his Stuka was going to attempt to conduct a Point Attack vs the unit that just moved. He conducted and passed the Sighting TC. None of my opponent’s ground units have a LOS to my just moved unit in the Open Ground hex.

The Stuka conducted its first MG attack and the DR was a 9 (5,4). Rule E7.403 states my units which were attack by the Stuka in the hex become pinned.

QUESTION #1: Does the MG attack both of my units or just the one who moved?
QUESTION #2: Does a Concealed unit which becomes pinned due to the first MG attack during a Point Attack from a Stuka lose its Concealment automatically or only if an enemy ground unit has a LOS to the just attacked unit?
QUESTION #3: If the answer to Q2 is the unit retains its Concealment because no enemy ground unit has a LOS to it, is the unit considered Concealed or unconcealed for the second MG Point Attack (and any Bomb attack)?

A.
#1. Both.
#2. The automatic Stuka pinning does not cause Concealment loss. A PTC result or better on the attack would cause Concealment loss if in LOS of enemy ground unit.
#3. The status does not change from the first attack to the second. (If in open ground, the target might be treated as unconcealed.)
....Perry