Starter Digital Paintings

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
theres hardly any shadow on the apple but a black solid shadow coming off the apple which isnt right.

The skull shadow just isnt write but i dont know how hard the tablet is to use so dont know how hard it is to do shadows

and the leaf i think looks good but something not right about it but dont know what that is sorry.

good job though just keep practicing

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The problem with the leaf imo is that there isnt enough light higlightes and kinda makes it look all the same and 2d ish.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mark said:
theres hardly any shadow on the apple but a black solid shadow coming off the apple which isnt right.

The skull shadow just isnt write but i dont know how hard the tablet is to use so dont know how hard it is to do shadows

and the leaf i think looks good but something not right about it but dont know what that is sorry.

good job though just keep practicing
the skull and leaf were done with a mouse. I think its only the apple which he used a tablet for. :p

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They look awesome, keep up the amazing work

@Mark: if you look at where the light shines on the apple its quite high so the less shadow is actually right

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
bradas said:
lol, welcome to the forum... sexy lookin apple you have there!
oh my days...hasnt i just seen it all...a normal straight man calling an apple sexy

lol

Its is a very attractive apple it has to be said

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
@jim - but an apple is round, unless the light was coming from behind the drawer then you wouldnt see shadow or very low shadow on the apple, and judging by the shadow being cast by the apple then its coming from the left.

and as there is no shadow where the twig (if thats what you call it) comes out the top then im juding the light source is above it so there should be a darker shadow on the lower right of the apple.

On a plus note i like the shadow cast from the twig :p

P.S. just read what you said again Jim, if it was quite high then there would definetly be more shadow on the bottem of the apple, right now without it it looks to flat.