Some news

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I fought against Stalin in Operation Blaü, we are on turn 3:crosseye:
And as Soviet Commander of 5th Army I'm participation to the surrounding of Stalingrad, but General Balk will open the fight soon:devious:
And The race to the sea is going to be a great German defeat and .....I'm the German player:cry: !!!

And you guys what's about your games ?

Der WanderHappyPlayer

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Playing American Front 1940 as the Confederacy vs Eric DK.. We're on turn 229, autumn 1944 and it's still in the balance. He destroyed most of my fleet but I have air superiority and slowly grinding my way north. He managed to get Quebec on his side and those reinforcements will bolster his front. I'm expecting a massive counterattack somewhere.
View attachment 34763

ogar

Reaction score
Still throwing rifle regiments after rifle regiments at Telumar's Wall O'Steel south of Oranienbaum (Op. Neva) - only at turn 8 but I'm worried I will not progress far and fast enough to avoid sudden death at turn 30. Hence the continued attacks on fortified lines.

Snefens has built an intriguing and detailed scenario. If only he'd included a few more Breakthrough Artillery Divisions ...

Goliath

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
(1) EA as Axis against Screamer, turn 124 (November 9, 1941): My "Moscow or Bust"-strategy has bogged down after Smolensk.
(2) Last Stand in Africa as Axis against Oberst Klink, turn 44 (April 14, 1943): My delaying action in the south has collapsed - bitter defensive operations continue in the north.
(3) Ia Drang 65 as US against Heldenkaiser, turn 5 (October 31, 1965): The elusive NVAs are just as frustrating as the real ones was. This is #9 in a series of "TOAW Classic" scenarios.

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
At long last, I've been able to deal with the awaiting PBEM turns in my inbox:

• Race to the Sea 1914: turn 12 for the Entente sent out to Jean-Luc. The Entente is faring rather well until now.
  • Race to the Sea 1914: turn 14 for the Entente sent out (in another game). French, Belgian and British forces are hard pressed but still retain the initiative.
  • Red Hurricane: turn NATO turn 9 sent out. NATO's managing an orderly defensive fight at both ends of the front (Hamburg and Austria), counter-attacking in corps strength in the centre, at Fulda.
  • Northern Germany 1990: WP turn 14 sent out. WP can't seem to find the proper way to get through NATO defences.
  • Gothic Line 1944: Axis turn 13 sent out. Badly mauled German forces reduced to man mountain passes roadblocks.
  • Home before the leaves fall: German turn 19, pushing cavalry and infantry forces through hard-earned gaps in French lines.

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
[*]Northern Germany 1990: WP turn 14 sent out. WP can't seem to find the proper way to get through NATO defences.
[/LIST]
May I ask, which patch-version you use? I played a Pbem of this scenario with 3.4. My opponent, who took the WP, could not even harm NATO defences. As soon as a frontline was established by NATO-forces, the WP was repelled at every attack, no matter what numbers. Do you play 3.2 still?

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
May I ask, which patch-version you use? I played a Pbem of this scenario with 3.4. My opponent, who took the WP, could not even harm NATO defences. As soon as a frontline was established by NATO-forces, the WP was repelled at every attack, no matter what numbers. Do you play 3.2 still?
Playing with the latest patch, i.e. 3.4
Didn't play it PBEM before, so I can't testify to the amount of change the patch brought to the scenario balance.
WP units are strong enough to punch holes here and there through NATO units but there are too many of them (and layered in a cleverly arranged defence by my opponent) to allow for a clear breakout and westward rush. And meanwhile, turns are slowly but inexorably used up.

We may opt for switching sides for a replay; I'll get first-hand experience from the other side then.

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Playing with the latest patch, i.e. 3.4
Didn't play it PBEM before, so I can't testify to the amount of change the patch brought to the scenario balance.
WP units are strong enough to punch holes here and there through NATO units but there are too many of them (and layered in a cleverly arranged defence by my opponent) to allow for a clear breakout and westward rush. And meanwhile, turns are slowly but inexorably used up.

We may opt for switching sides for a replay; I'll get first-hand experience from the other side then.
Thank you. Please tell us, how things develope after you and your opponent changed sides. Personally I regard city-hexes too hard to conquer in 3.4. But that's just me. However, Hamburg will be quite a fight in this scenario :)

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
At long last, I've been able to deal with the awaiting PBEM turns in my inbox:

• Race to the Sea 1914: turn 12 for the Entente sent out to Jean-Luc. The Entente is faring rather well until now.
  • Race to the Sea 1914: turn 14 for the Entente sent out (in another game). French, Belgian and British forces are hard pressed but still retain the initiative.
  • Red Hurricane: turn NATO turn 9 sent out. NATO's managing an orderly defensive fight at both ends of the front (Hamburg and Austria), counter-attacking in corps strength in the centre, at Fulda.
  • Northern Germany 1990: WP turn 14 sent out. WP can't seem to find the proper way to get through NATO defences.
  • Gothic Line 1944: Axis turn 13 sent out. Badly mauled German forces reduced to man mountain passes roadblocks.
  • Home before the leaves fall: German turn 19, pushing cavalry and infantry forces through hard-earned gaps in French lines.
What a list! I'd never be able to do six games at one time. I have my hands full with two. (And one Battleground game.)

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
What a list! I'd never be able to do six games at one time. I have my hands full with two. (And one Battleground game.)
There were times when I had more than that - but I also had more free time than now.
Those are small to medium-sized games and with different rates of exchange, from several turns a week to one turn every two weeks or so. The really tricky part lies with the two Race to the sea games with me playing the same side: at a certain point, I was playing the same turn in both games - and I naturally screwed up the naming of .pbl files, so that my opponents received each other's turn :shy: