Solitaire ASL YouTube Guides

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd suggest the first 2 topics, in whatever order you'd like, could be "Command/Panic" and "Suspect Counters/Activation".

Paul Bibler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think for learning, a somewhat simplified SOP would be very useful. Reinforcing the elements that aren't in ASL, like the R/E being part of the wind change roll, which is easy to forget.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Roger, that is in the queue (RE and mission setups) coming next.

Thank you.

Paul Bibler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another thing occurs to me as I set up a mission, unless I'm doing it wrong. There are a lot of different places to go in the ASLRB to get things set up. For example:

• Determine board, SAN, etc. from the SASL mission and charts
  • S12.33 for time of day
  • S12.832 for MST
  • E3 for Weather
  • B25.63 for starting wind
  • B25.5 for EC
  • H1.28 for ELR
And I'm sure there are more. If there were something that would put these all in once place, like an additional divider, that would be pretty cool. If nothing exists like that, I'd be happy to give it a shot

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Unfortunately, that is the nature of this game, with 30+ years of rules spread over all the chapters, it gets crazy. But you get used to it. As far as I know, there is no consolidated divider of charts like you asked. Consolidate away and put it in the Resources

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Another thing occurs to me as I set up a mission, unless I'm doing it wrong. There are a lot of different places to go in the ASLRB to get things set up. For example:

• Determine board, SAN, etc. from the SASL mission and charts
  • S12.33 for time of day
  • S12.832 for MST
  • E3 for Weather
  • B25.63 for starting wind
  • B25.5 for EC
  • H1.28 for ELR
And I'm sure there are more. If there were something that would put these all in once place, like an additional divider, that would be pretty cool. If nothing exists like that, I'd be happy to give it a shot
I found the same thing, so I put together a chart for it (actually 3: one each for NWE & Eastern europe, the PTO, and arid climate areas). I'm attaching the ETO one for you to look at, the others are in the Gamesquad 'Resources' section under Barking Monkey. I always play with the "ASL Scenario Aid Card" (it's one of the chapter dividers in the MRB - I forget which chapter) next to the boards which has wind force, stream depth, EC, and a couple other things on it so those have been excluded.

Attachments

Paul Bibler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found the same thing, so I put together a chart for it (actually 3: one each for NWE & Eastern europe, the PTO, and arid climate areas). I'm attaching the ETO one for you to look at, the others are in the Gamesquad 'Resources' section under Barking Monkey. I always play with the "ASL Scenario Aid Card" (it's one of the chapter dividers in the MRB - I forget which chapter) next to the boards which has wind force, stream depth, EC, and a couple other things on it so those have been excluded.
This is great! Just what I was thinking of. Thanks so much for doing this.