Snap Shot Question

Chris Bryer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
in the attached pic, the russians in V2 are a 227 HS with a German LMG on L1 and another 227 HS on L0.

The 467 you see in X2 just moved from W2 to X2.

The question is, would the DFF shots take be at PBF on the snapshots taken while crossing the W2/X2 hexside?

Also, if he is pinned, where is he pinned? w2 or X2? I thought x2 but hope I am wrong ;-)

Thanks!

Attachments

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Chris, just got schooled on this topic. Here's what I learned . . . hope I don't flunk out: 1) the target hex is the hex entered and the range is the distance to the target hex (C0.5C); 2) the effects take place in the target hex (A8.15, "If affected by a Snap Shot, the moving unit is considered in the Location entered thereafter.").

Bonus questions: 1) if the W2/X2 hexside were a wall, would the 4-6-7 receive a TEM? I say yes (A8.15 ". . . however a wall / hedge / SMOKE / rubble hexside/spine of a hex being entered/exited can modify a Snap Shot if crossed by the LOF on the way to the target hexside." [emphasis mine]). 2) if W2 were an orchard, would the 4-6-7 benefit from the hindrance? Similarly, I say yes (Klas' accumulation of PerrySez, ver. 26, p.21, A8.15 Firer in X17 Q&A).

Cheers

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
If a Legal shot came from W4 the wall listed above wouldn't count.
The examples in the RB are pretty clean on the execution on these kinds of shots.