Smoke and Acquisition

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlefolk

Playing Crossfire AP78 and fired WP from a big mortar with acquisition but missed. C6.5 sez "or the Gun malfunctions or fires SMOKE " loses the acq. Is a miss with smoke considered "firing:?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you miss or did you run out of Smoke? I think if you ran out of Smoke it doesn't count to lose Acq. If you had S9, for example, but only 8 TH, you fired and missed I believe.

buser333

Reaction score
If it wasn't a shot that was greater than the depletion number (that didn't malf the gun) then yes.

Last edited:

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Depletion was 10 and the TH roll was an 8 so no depletion however it was a miss. I guess "fired" just means making the TH roll whether it hits or not?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Depletion was 10 and the TH roll was an 8 so no depletion however it was a miss. I guess "fired" just means making the TH roll whether it hits or not?
Yes. Fired equals not depleting your ammo that you fired whether you hit or not.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yes. Fired equals not depleting your ammo that you fired whether you hit or not.
... or depleting it with a DR equal to the Depletion #, right? (if you roll equal, you get the ammo for this shot and then run out - but then you do fire)