Small, quick, interesting wargame . . .

Patrocles

Reaction score
BigMik1 said:
On the Combat Mission Scenario Depot, someone made a bunch of small battles that don't take so long for Combat Mission Afrika Corps.

BigMik1
Ditto! Using the battle editor you can have a game as small as ONE unit per side!! And the comp will do all the hard calcs for you...you just tell the unit(s) where to go and what to attack/defend.

What about TacOps? I've never played it but it gets rave reviews from all sides. I'm sure that game has a battle editor.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrocles said:
What about TacOps? I've never played it but it gets rave reviews from all sides. I'm sure that game has a battle editor.
You don't even need the editor, as you can edit units during gameplay. Just fire up some random scenario on some random map, and then delete units as you see fit. Then add units, either one at a time or from predefined larger units.

Note however, that the amount of changes you can make to the red side without disabling the programmed opponent is very limited. If you want to be free to play against whatever units you want you need to play a human or wait for TacOps 5.

But even for the same battle size, TacOps is a very efficient wargame.

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Patrick Carroll said:
Thanks. I took at look at the features & screenshots. Looks like quite a game.

However, I'm not asking for a lack of randomizers or a strong AI. I kinda like dice rolls (I used to be big into SL/ASL). And even a pretty wimpy AI can sometimes beat me. I'm not a very sharp player; I just want to enjoy the wargaming experience without having to move fifty or more units every turn or lead my army across a map the size of a pool table. And I'd prefer that the game take minutes, not hours, to complete.

But did you try the demo?