Slav's Blood Thread. Post your replies here :-)

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Latest axis turn sent to allies (last night actually)

Axis team - check your e-mails for the tactical addendum I sent earlier today. I'm starting to see some trends already...

:cheeky:

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi all, Axis turn received, Allied turn 23 passed on for action.

Oops, sorry, this is for Blunting.

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Calling all allied guys, who has the turn please?, and who has moved/played their part. Please let me know. I'm eager to deal mortal blows to the foe......:devil:

Spartan

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Rob, I have the turn, I sent you an email about two days ago requesting new orders. Will continue to follow existing orders and forward to John.

Rich

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spartan said:
Hi Rob, I have the turn, I sent you an email about two days ago requesting new orders. Will continue to follow existing orders and forward to John.

Rich
If we are talking about Slav's Blood, send it to me, rather than John, Rich. :smoke:

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Allied turn complete

:) Ok Axis guys, allied turn complete and forwarded to you all. Good hunting...

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Slav's Blood just forwarded to the enemy team.

I was curious if the game auto-saves when you forward the turn? I just remembered I didn't save before I exited, but I didn't get the message "would you like to save before exiting?" message either, so everything should be ok.

:)

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Scorched Earth said:
Hi, Axis turn received. Allied orders issued.
Hi Allied guys, i know Michael has played his turn, who is holding it at present?

cheers
Robert

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scorched Earth said:
Hi Allied guys, i know Michael has played his turn, who is holding it at present?

cheers
Robert
I mailed it to you yesterday Rob.

Didn't make it again, eh? I'll put it in the depot.

B

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Abatis said:
I mailed it to you yesterday Rob.

Didn't make it again, eh? I'll put it in the depot.

B
No worries Brian, depot is fine. i'm going to try & sort out this e-mail thing. I'm sure the fault is with me, but i dont know what it is.

cheers for now
Robert

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scorched Earth said:
No worries Brian, depot is fine. i'm going to try & sort out this e-mail thing. I'm sure the fault is with me, but i dont know what it is.

cheers for now
Robert
It could be frontiernet too...Dave told me they have themselves blacklisted by several ISP for being overly spammish...unfortunately, they are my only option for highspeed connection out here in the woods where I am! I have a feeling I'm getting stuck in your ISP's filter. But why it's an on again off again thing I don't get!

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Abatis said:
It could be frontiernet too...Dave told me they have themselves blacklisted by several ISP for being overly spammish...unfortunately, they are my only option for highspeed connection out here in the woods where I am! I have a feeling I'm getting stuck in your ISP's filter. But why it's an on again off again thing I don't get!
It's a conspiracy of ISP's that's what it is.:devious:

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Latest Allied turn complete

Hi Axi guys, turn is forwarded to you all, good luck.

cheers
Robert

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Abatis said:
I have to troubleshoot this kind of stuff almost daily. There are tons of reasons email get hung up; frontiernet's open relay problem being one guess. (I just checked them again and they come up clean.) Do either of you have a mailbox limitation? Some host providers will turn off automatic return notification if your box is full, in this case Robert's. Could also be anti-spam filters running on Robert's host or Robert's box if he has an anti-spam program running. Spam filters could be being triggered by what is being put in the subject line, for instance, Richard (Spartan) often puts nothing at all. Ray's (Krink's) come to "undisclosed recipients. Mine blocked both the first time, but I caught it. So if Brian wrote "Turn 5 attached" and Robert receives, but next time writes "Greetings from Buffalo, NY" and Robert never receives, I'd be thinking spam filters.

Email could also be getting hung up on the host box for any number of reasons. Next time it happens Robert needs to call his host. They can check that pretty quick. He could also have corrupt email in his box that's screwing things up, but I doubt it. Robert, if you receive email through Outlook or an equivalent, try logging onto your hosted email account through the web. Your provider will probably have a way to do that using a webmail program. Possibly the email isn't being delivered to your home computer (also a long shot).

Lastly, if either of you get an error message returned, be sure to save it, it's gold.

Last edited:

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Isp's

Hi David, thanx for the info. very interesting. i do have spam filter, so i'll take a look. Another thing that's started happening is, that if i play a campaign game with outlook open & go to send the game, Outlook crashes and i have to re-start it and then send the turn. If i am sending 2 game turns out, the first one crashes, but the 2nd one picks it up and they both go. At this point i stick my head in the sand in gladness that i no longer work in IT. I will be speaking to my ISP again as this is crazy. We checked the corrupt e-mail thing and it came up with nothing.

cheers for now
Robert

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Scorched Earth said:
Hi David, thanx for the info. very interesting. i do have spam filter, so i'll take a look. Another thing that's started happening is, that if i play a campaign game with outlook open & go to send the game, Outlook crashes and i have to re-start it and then send the turn. If i am sending 2 game turns out, the first one crashes, but the 2nd one picks it up and they both go. At this point i stick my head in the sand in gladness that i no longer work in IT. I will be speaking to my ISP again as this is crazy. We checked the corrupt e-mail thing and it came up with nothing.

cheers for now
Robert
I have removed all my spam filters & rules, so Brian, try again, and we'll see if that makes a difference.