Silent Night Deadly Night

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hey Robin, you are funny to change my avatar to your behavior.

Extremely mature for an old man and moderator that attacks the participants of this forum.
If Robin changed your avatar, he should be removed as a moderator and banned from participating in the forum for a month. That's exactly what mods are NOT supposed to be doing. And/or making comments, likes, laughs or otherwise taunting people who are trying to do things to support the forum. They are referees, not participants.

How about it, forum owner? Will you look into this and advise the people who participate in your forum just exactly how you plan to deal with this?

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm not certain where you are getting your definition of "example" from but it's not from the ASLRB.
What other parts of the ASLRB are you choosing to exclude? The index? The charts?
Can you play simply by examples? Of course not, that's a facile statement to make.
Where 2 possible interpretation of a rule exist and there is an example, then that example illustrates how the rule is to be played.
The examples, just like the index, are a part of the rules.
I could ask the same of you, just where are you getting your definition of 'example' yourself, because there is NOT one in the ASLRB anywhere not one in the index. I got my definition from the dictionary, where else is there to look? Certainly not the in ASLRB, unless there is some nook or cranny I am missing.

How do you justify saying 'the examples...are rules' other than waving of hands and pointing to the index, which is an entirely separate matter from examples? The index is not an example, it's an index.

It's clear one can argue that examples are part of the rulebook, when it's obvious that the rulebook has printed examples. That's what they are: EXAMPLES, not RULES.

[By the way, you skipped over the most salient argument, because there is no counter to it: one CAN play ASL without examples by only using rules. That's equally facile to say, and equally true. All you did was pick apart that 'it's facile to say one can't play only with examples', while ignore the most important part of the point. Yet by doing so, you argue that examples are indeed not rules!]

What isn't true is that the examples themselves are rules. They are simply there to illustrate rules. That's the pertinent point to address. There are many many place in the ASLRB of rules referring to examples, in order to illustrate a complex point in the rule itself. That's why rules are more important; examples don't carry equal weight, they are just sample illustrations of the rule.

Discussion of 'excluding charts and the index as rules' are not relevant to this discussion of examples. I'll take that debate up with you elsewhere if need be, but both have been talked about before, this I know.

If you choose to ignore the root use of examples as used in English everywhere else on the planet and decide that examples are something different for the ASLRB, you have no justification for doing so on the basis of anything said in the ASLRB. It's just hand-waving. Not unless you find such a citation in the ASLRB itself, and then I'd be very interested in reviewing the passage!

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Hey Robin, you are funny to change my avatar to your behavior.
Extremely mature for an old man and moderator that attacks the participants of this forum.
That is a pretty serious accusation. I don't see any way for a moderator to change someone else's avatar.
and
that post is off-topic and belongs somewhere else.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
That is a pretty serious accusation. I don't see any way for a moderator to change someone else's avatar.
and
It may be off topic, but apparently it wasn't Robin, it was Randy in some discussion about cavalry. go talk to your boss about serious accusations and behaviors. LOL

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
and
Hey have a look at your forum rules, Michael, and then go talk to your supervisor about his behaviors:
"After all, the forums are a place for gamers to discuss topics of interest openly and honestly, and we try to stay out of the way in order to give members as much freedom as possible."
"Accessing or using someone else's account, attempting to access another member's account or impersonating another member is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate ban."