Scenario window

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
One cool idea that would make the interface more user-friendly would be a scenario window. As it currently stands, when a player picks a scenario a Windows-type file list pops up and the player simply clicks on the file name. There is no way to know how large the scenario is or what it is all about. Instead of this, it would be useful if the player were greeeted by a simple window that showed a list of all the current scenarios. When the player clicks on one a brief scenario description (possibly the "About the Scenario" info) pops up. The player can then rapidly scan through the list and find the scenario he wants without having to load each one individually to see what they are. This is especially important since most TacOps scenarios are named in a similar fashion and it's hard to remember which one is which.

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like a lot of coding when there already is a scenario guide with the game as well as a map reference.

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Roger that, but as Don stated, his aim is to make the "interface more user-friendly". Regular wargamers know how to delve into the files of games for like items, but it does little as far as drawing in new TacOps players. Hence, I submit that this is one item that seems to me to be keeping wargames a niche market. Why could you not have both an upfront scenario description and a .pdf file?

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Currently there is a button at the bottom of the game start up window labeled "Review Scenarios" that can be used to do that but it requires navigating through folders.

Your note has caused me to realize that I could easily cause that button to open the "Guide - Scenarios.pdf" file instead. Thanks.