Rulebook going to the printer

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
kdalton said:
Just thought everyone would like to know.
If the Rule Book is going to the printer now, when do you expect it to return? That's what I'd especially like to know!

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patience, grasshopper.

The printer has to receive the materials first, then print out a proof for us to review.

I'll update everyone when we get a due date from the printer.

Kurt Stevens

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, great news. I cant wait to get my hands on v2. :) I was wondering if it was going to make it this year. Hopefully, now that it is going to print the preorders will pick up as well.

Last edited:

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Keith,how come the errata isn't being incorporated into the reprint?I'm not having a go here,I'm just curious as wouldn't it just be a quick cut n' paste,as we did with the sticky errata,?Or am I missing something here?

Last edited:

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi New:

It's a valid question. We're not planning to include errata because we really don't think enough has changed to warrant it. The original rulebook went almost 15 years with only a couple of major rules errata provisions, and we think the second edition is just as stable. If we changed it every time we reprinted, it might turn into a logisitical nightmare of tracking things from edition to edition.

If anything changes about this, I'll make sure to let everyone know.

Birdgunner

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
New and Improved Binder?

Keith,

Has MMP put any thought into improving the binder that the rulebook comes in?

I seem to see alot of people say the the 2nd Edition binder does not last that long. Maybe change it to a vinyl covered binder with D Rings?

Just a thought. Anyway I'm glad to hear that it was sent to the printers. I can't wait to retire my 1st Ed. rulebook.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I seem to remember Perry saying they had to ask the printer to "stiffen up" the binders in mid-press run because the initial products were not as sturdy as we wanted, so yes, we are aware of the problem. Dunno if we're going to switch to a different material, but if we do make the switch, you'll see it here.

ThePope

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rulebook

kdalton said:
Patience, grasshopper.

The printer has to receive the materials first, then print out a proof for us to review.

I'll update everyone when we get a due date from the printer.
Keith,

Any updates to this?

Thanks,

Sean
+<|:)

graydo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
kdalton said:
I seem to remember Perry saying they had to ask the printer to "stiffen up" the binders in mid-press run because the initial products were not as sturdy as we wanted, so yes, we are aware of the problem. Dunno if we're going to switch to a different material, but if we do make the switch, you'll see it here.
I think from a purely wear and tear perspective people are better off going to a well built generic three ring binder, at least for the sections they reference on a regular basis. Perhaps save the nice binder for the armory or something like that. Document protectors and a couple of good binders has served me well.

dave

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
Updates for v1

Is there any chance MMP will make a list of what has changed in the v2 book for us poor v1 slobs that detail the differences between the two versions? Money is tight and if I had the choice between spending it on some new module and the updated rulebook with (now with snazzy new index!), I would have to go with the module.

Does anyone know what the differences are? Are they major enough to warrant the additional cash outlay?

- Rick

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, latest update I have is that Perry is working his way through the proofs and found a few things that needed fixing due to formatting.

I'm sorry, but I am still on v1 myself, fo I can't go into many v2 specifics. I know all known errata were included, some things moved, and the bocage rules changed. :cheeky: