Rule Clarification: Do leaders allow use of their leadership DRM to same morale level leaders

Guthwulf

Recruit
Reaction score
I've been rereading my Starter Kit #1 rulebook and noticed something I had not realized before. Starter Kit #1 rulebook, Page 5, 3rd column, 2nd paragraph

"An unpinned, Good Order leader will apply his leadership DRM to other units (including lower morale leaders) in the target location if he passed his MC unharmed, but not to himself"

My question is, does a 8-1 leader who passes their MC apply the -1 to MC of an 8-0 leader in the same hex? It was the "(including lower morale leaders)" and not a line like "(including other leaders)" that raises this question for me.

Last edited:

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
No, the 8-1 cannot help the 8-0 because they both have a morale of 8. In the full ASL rule book there is an example that spells this out explicitly (A10.22):

EX: A 9-1 leader which was fired on during the PFPh, yielding a “NMC” result on the IFT, must roll ≤ 9 to pass his NMC. However, if an unbroken friendly 10-2 leader is also in the same Location, the 9-1 can pass his MC with a DR ≤ 11. A 9-2 leader in the hex instead of the 10-2 leader has no effect because his Morale Level is the same as the 9-1.

The intent in the SK rules seems to be the same.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think not, since the 8-0 isn't a lower morale leader. Full ASL has similar rules, e.g. A10.22 says a leader may apply the leadership DRM of an unbroken higher morale leader to TC/MC, and its example says a 9-2 has no effect on a 9-1 when the 9-1 takes a NMC.

ETA: beaten to the post by @DVexile

Last edited: