ROAR in PDF Format

ironmike1944

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Gentlemen,

This is probably not the right area to post this. Could someone direct to the right website or ASL players that might know how to print out the ROAR on PDF. I am trying to get ready for ASLOK 2022.

Sincerely:

Alan Wayne Saltzman
First Sergeant (E-8)
82nd Airborne Division
Retired

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
On my Windows 10 machine, when I go to print something one of the printers I can select is "Microsoft Print to PDF".
Ditto for macOS. On the Print dialog (any app) just choose "Save to PDF..." instead of printing.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
That will eat up a ton of ink and paper, how about putting it on a thumbdrive to take wherever you are? Or just view it on the internet? Just trying to help, that will be like printing a small book...
Not that small of a book actually.....165 pages worth.

You can "Print to PDF" as others have mentioned and put the PDF on a thumb drive or send it to your phone or a tablet.

That would be the rational thing to do....at least that way you could search the file instead of leafing through 165 pages?

Think of the trees you will save not to mention all the baby unicorns that would need to die to make that much ink....

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Exactly! That is more pages than I even guessed at, in any event, way too much to print, search the file instead, there padawan.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Well Scott, how does one do it?
Easy.

Get ROAR on your browser.

Go to "File" at the top of that page and go to "Print" on the pull down.

In the window where printers are listed select "Print to PDF"

Hit Print. When prompted, enter the file name you want to save it to.

Wait until it's done....and it will take a while getting done.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sorry, I should have given more detailed instructions, like @Jazz wrote. And if your system is like mine, it'll be a PDF with searchable and copyable text.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Good to know guys, saving to pdf sure has some good points, being searchable is big, Vic.
Not all PDFs are searchable. Depends on what the original is. A PDF generated from a text based file is in general searchable. A PDF generated from an image file (like say a scanned page of the rulz or a scenario card) will in all probability not be usefully searchable....at least not without some non-trivial OCR work....and even then it's not clear to me.

Last edited:

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States