Reb wanted - short games

Coaling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm getting back into Tiller-style gaming after a long layoff, so go easy on me! . . . Looking to play Yank against a Reb in a series of shorter games, i.e. less than 30 turns. I have all five Battleground Civil War titles; HPS Campaign Gettysburg & Peninsula titles. Most of the time my job allows me to turn over a turn a day, with notice given if any problem. Suggest some scenarios or I will. I don't mind the oldies-but-goodies. Glad to find this site.

captcoaling@yahoo.com will find me.

Last edited:

Coaling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While Rahamy Rich and I are playing . . . are there any Rebs out there interested in playing #16 on the Battleground Shiloh list, "Battle of Prairie Grove," a scenario with 18 moves?

captcoaling@yahoo.com will find me

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Sir, if only this club supports Battleground games I can play with you.
Ask Rahamy and if he agree you can send your first turn here:
alex.pbem3@wp.pl
I propose to play with all optional rules ON.

Lands of Arkansas are very dangerous for men in blue... :whist:

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alex Krolikowsk said:
Sir, if only this club supports Battleground games I can play with you.
Ask Rahamy and if he agree you can send your first turn here:
alex.pbem3@wp.pl
I propose to play with all optional rules ON.

Lands of Arkansas are very dangerous for men in blue... :whist:
Yes, you may report TalonSoft CW games. Just request the scenario when you are ready. Name it something like:

Prairie Grove (TS-S)

Coaling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whoa . . . hold it . . . time out!

Being such a newcomer on this forum, a lot of the above exchange went right over my head . . . Are we talking about scenarios supported in the war ladder? I'm not a member of the ladder. Should I go join so Alex can get credit or whatever? Sounds like I should join and enjoy anyway, eh? . . . It makes a difference which scenarios are played? . . . Why did Brent answer when Alex said permission was needed from Rahamy? . . . Brent says "Just request the scenario when you are ready." Ready for what--? To play? or to report the game?

If someone could fill me in on these areas, in the meantime I'll go research the ladder thing information on this site . . . and hopefully fire up Prairie Grove so the Rebs don't get bored lurking in the bushes.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Coaling said:

Being such a newcomer on this forum, a lot of the above exchange went right over my head . . . Are we talking about scenarios supported in the war ladder?
Yes, and no worries, all HPS and Talonsoft ACW scenarios are supported here.

I'm not a member of the ladder. Should I go join so Alex can get credit or whatever? Sounds like I should join and enjoy anyway, eh? . . .
Yes, please do, I was going to get you to once we completed our match anyway. It's on the top right of this forum, the WARS link...there's an option to Join a ladder. Just got there and join the CWB ladder.

It makes a difference which scenarios are played? . . . Why did Brent answer when Alex said permission was needed from Rahamy? . . .
Because Brent is "on staff" here too, and is at the "site" level, where I am just at the "section" level.

Brent says "Just request the scenario when you are ready." Ready for what--? To play? or to report the game?
To report the game, no interaction is required until the match is complete.

If someone could fill me in on these areas, in the meantime I'll go research the ladder thing information on this site . . . and hopefully fire up Prairie Grove so the Rebs don't get bored lurking in the bushes.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Rich

Coaling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks much, sir . . . you're digustingly prompt and reliable. Given a little more time around here, I'm sure I'll sort out all the "staff" and "scenario" and "section" and "site" phraseologies.

In the meantime, I suspect I've got enough games going to keep me busy for awhile, what with the distinguished gentlemen from Virginia and Poland doing me the honor. Thanks much!

ADDED LATER . . . Oh, swell; I just started looking through the ladder stuff, and one of the first things I come across is the fact that the two guys I'm playing are the top two Civil War players on the ladder . . . Excuse me while I climb back on the turnip truck! :crosseye:

Last edited:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Coaling said:
Thanks much, sir . . . you're digustingly prompt and reliable.
I try. :horse:

ADDED LATER . . . Oh, swell; I just started looking through the ladder stuff, and one of the first things I come across is the fact that the two guys I'm playing are the top two Civil War players on the ladder . . . Excuse me while I climb back on the turnip truck! :crosseye:
:cheeky: Well, you did post the challenge...and didn't say Who could reply... :rifle:

:salute:

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Coaling said:
LOL! I forgot how many assumptions I make when I do a post like that! Rich did an excellent job of explaining it. I wrote WARS (the ladder software) so feel free to ask me if you ever need help with it or have a problem.

I added the scenario to WARS so it will be there when you are ready to report the end of game. We don't report game starts.