Randon Loss Die Rolls

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curiously, I could not find an answer to this question in the rules, though the very experienced group of players I associate with were of one mind on the answer.
Situation is that a stack of a leader and two full squads is hit by a lucky burst of fire resulting in 2KIA. The random roll is 3 for the leader and a pair of 2s for the squads. The leader and (at least) a squad are clearly dead, but does a tie on the pair of twos result in the death of both squads or a death and a break? The consensus is that all the units are killed, but we could not confirm it from reading the rules. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Second question: A truck with a squad and an 8-1 leader is hit by deadly MG fire that destroys, but does not flame the truck. The surviving infantry attempts to leap to safety. Do the infantry guys take a "crew survival" check and, if so, does the leader modify this dice roll?

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Situation is that a stack of a leader and two full squads is hit by a lucky burst of fire resulting in 2KIA. The random roll is 3 for the leader and a pair of 2s for the squads. The leader and (at least) a squad are clearly dead, but does a tie on the pair of twos result in the death of both squads or a death and a break? The consensus is that all the units are killed, but we could not confirm it from reading the rules. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I think you are looking for Rule A 7.301 which describes your situation exactly and your comrades were all correct everybody dies. Hope this helps.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
In a religious context, at the moment everybody is sure of his salvation... :wink: