Pre-configured board layouts.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
To save time setting up the various board configurations e.g. 2 x 1, 2 x 2 etc I've created templates of them using board 00(s) as a placeholder(s) for the actual boards, and with a cropped blank board(s) on either side to make some space. If this hasn't been done already I can make them available, if anyone feels they could make use of them.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
How exactly does this save time? If I have to swap out the board(s) 00 for the boards I actually want, it's just as fast to pick the boards I actually want in the first instance. This seems like a solution to a problem that absolutely no-one was experiencing.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
You may well be right. It just worked for me because I was pre-preparing a bunch of scenarios for VASL with the intention of adding some of Pacman Ghost's templates. If you just use the boards specified by the scenario you can end up with insufficient space between the edges of the boards and the limits of the map window, so I was adding blank boards either side of the scenario boards and cropping them so there wasn't too much extra space e.g.

Cropped blank - Real Board - Cropped blank
Cropped blank - Real Board - Cropped blank

It's the cropping that made things get tedious and made me think it would be better to do that once and re-use it rather than keep redoing it. But yes, it's a reflection of my own preferences (and perhaps a touch of OCD) and may be of no interest to anyone, which is hardly something I'll lose sleep over because they are useful to the person they were made for. :)