PELELIU: WHITE BEACH ONE RULES QUESTION

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
Rule 5.5 FIRE DISCIPLINE (Grenade only attack), resolution rule 5.5.2 states that If the final target hex/location has target units, it is attacked with halved FP (FRU; apply before other FP modifiers).

Do you still apply "Point Blank Fire" doubling of fire power as an "other FP modifier"? So a 7-6-8 would be halved to a 3.5, rounded up to a 4 and then doubled to an 8 FP attack? Or would it stay a 4?

morgan kane

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I suggest you send the question to Dave Lamb here at GS. He was involved in making the modul.

From the CHMB there are other Q&A. It starts with Kursk, but continues with Peleliu.

/Morgan

Here is a set of questions that came to me by e-mail on ASLComp Kursk and Peleliu:

Rule 3.2 reads that "trenches are equivalent to woods for both rout and rally purposes (e.g., units in a trench receive a -1 DRM to Rally attempts)" The -1 DRM is already a standard rule (A10.61). Is it your intent that trenches be treated as woods per A10.51 Direction, and that units can therefore use them as rout targets?

A. Yes.

Per rule 9.1 Civilian Interrogation is NA. Does that mean that standard Interrogation does apply?

A. Yes.

Rule 9.12 discusses A-T Ditches. By SSR they may set up HIP and any AFV entering a hidden A-T Ditch is automatically eliminated. However, per A12.33, all fortifications always set up HIP. Is that part of the SSR redundant?

A. Yes. [DL: No, see the following previous ruling rewrite: Here is a slight revision for even more clarification:

"9.12 HIDDEN A-T DITCH: Use rule B27.56, except with the following changes. Due to the vast amounts of grain and ground cover many A-T Ditches went unnoticed until the AFV plunged into the abyss. Unless stated otherwise by SR, any A-T Ditches provided in the Russian OB may set up using HIP in any terrain, and are only discovered per E1.16 whether day or night. Any AFV entering the hex of a Hidden A-T Ditch is immediately eliminated (remove the AFV counter with no CS# possible). Any infantry entering the hex of such a Hidden A-T Ditch is subject to an immediate PTC. If they lack sufficient MF to enter the hex AND the cost of hypothetically entering underneath the Hidden A-T Ditch counter, they must instead pass a 1PTC. Any unit failing the PTC is Pinned and stuck IN the Hidden A-T Ditch. Any unit entering an A-T Ditch (or by Searching) reveals the hidden Fortification."

I hope this helps, and I welcome feedback.

DL]

Also, per A12.33 any fortification is revealed once an enemy unit is within 16 hexes and has LOS. Given that none of the scenarios appear to take place at night, I don't see how an AFV could ever move into a location with an HIP A-T Ditch. What am I missing?

A. See above answer.

Rule 9.13.1 says that Fougasse FTs have an X10 number. The example in 9.16 says that Fougasse FTs malfunction on a roll of 11 or higher. Which is correct?

A. The counter is correct.

Peleliu Questions:

Rule 3.12 says that all ponds are treated as Deep. Generally in ASL, only Rivers have a Depth. Is there any affect on game-play to having Deep ponds?

A. Yes, they cannot be entered, Pond hexsides may not be crossed by Personnel.

Rule 3.24, same question as Kursk rule 3.2: it reads that "trenches are equivalent to woods for both rout and rally purposes (e.g., units in a trench receive a -1 DRM to Rally attempts)" This is already a standard rule (A10.61). Is it your intent that trenches be treated as woods per A10.51 Direction, and that units can therefore use them as rout targets?

A. Redundant, see above answer.

Rule 5.8.1: should read drm and not DRM

A. Thank you.

Rule 6.7: same question as Kursk rule 9.1: Civilian Interrogation is NA. Does that mean that standard Interrogation does apply?

A. Redundant, see answer above.

Section 8 of the rulebook says that "The Japanese force on Peleliu did not have access to standard mines; therefore minefields are not available in Peleliu scenarios." In scenario 1 Spitfire Three, the Japanese OB is listed as having 24 AP mine factors and 12 AT mine factors. Is this correct?

A. Yes, the note is general, few mines are provided as you noted they are only in one scenario.

Scenario 6 Valley of the Dead. SSR 7 read "The Japanese player may secretly choose to receive an Offboard High Caliber Mortar. If the Japanese player chooses this option the Marine player may make a secret pre-game purchase" of various fortifications. If the Japanese choice is secret, how does the Marine player know whether to purchase fortifications?

A. The Japanese player informs him after making the choice, so the secret only lasts a few delicious moments.

If the Marine player gets to buy the forts, are the Set DCs they can buy in addition to the DCs in the Marine OB or are they subtracted from that total?

A. In additon to.