Overlays

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for this, John.

Could give me an example of the kind of overlay you are thinking of? Is it something like the ones contained in the Draggable Overlays window (Orchard button on the tool bar)?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not sure who makes the overlays, but I would like to suggest that mines and trailbreaks be considered since they are permanent and would reduce counter density.
John,

Take a look at the generic Trailbreak overlay I have in the DYO Campaign Extension here: VASL Downloads

Is this something like what you are looking for? It is my initial cut I made a while ago, with the intent of eliminating counter clutter.

Peter J

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thank you for your work on this extension. I really appreciate your efforts and like what you've done!! Any chance of creating a Brit/Commonwealth tab with: Combat Engrs; captured German LMG,MMG and HMG (and vice versa for Germans)?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for your work on this extension. I really appreciate your efforts and like what you've done!! Any chance of creating a Brit/Commonwealth tab with: Combat Engrs; captured German LMG,MMG and HMG (and vice versa for Germans)?
Probably not in the near future. Playtesting of the DYO rules is ongoing and now taking up much of my time. The DYO Extension was built to capture some of the administrative things, reduce some clutter, support any new counters (like the AT Teams, MG Teams, and Combat Engineer counters) with supporting rules, and provide some additional vehicle counters we found during our research of TO&E. We limited our focus to just the three nationalities to start, mainly due to availability of resource material. I do have a pdf copy of "TM30-410 Handbook On The British Army1942" but that is the extent of me gathering anything regarding the Commonwealth forces at this time.

Now, that being said, I will be creating a v4 of the extension when the 6.6.8 release occurs. Mainly to remove some things that have made it into the main module (the stairwell overlay), or more recently, the VBM mask extension I pulled out separately. That does give me an opportunity to at least add a British tab with the few things you mention even if I have nothing else to add to those forces. If you ever happen to see me on VASL (in a room starting with "DYO") pop in a take a look at the scenario being played, at least with the extension everything should display.

Peter J

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Probably not in the near future. Playtesting of the DYO rules is ongoing and now taking up much of my time. The DYO Extension was built to capture some of the administrative things, reduce some clutter, support any new counters (like the AT Teams, MG Teams, and Combat Engineer counters) with supporting rules, and provide some additional vehicle counters we found during our research of TO&E. We limited our focus to just the three nationalities to start, mainly due to availability of resource material. I do have a pdf copy of "TM30-410 Handbook On The British Army1942" but that is the extent of me gathering anything regarding the Commonwealth forces at this time.

Now, that being said, I will be creating a v4 of the extension when the 6.6.8 release occurs. Mainly to remove some things that have made it into the main module (the stairwell overlay), or more recently, the VBM mask extension I pulled out separately. That does give me an opportunity to at least add a British tab with the few things you mention even if I have nothing else to add to those forces. If you ever happen to see me on VASL (in a room starting with "DYO") pop in a take a look at the scenario being played, at least with the extension everything should display.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am happy to help with researching Brit/Commonwealth., as I already have a fair bit of information. The Australian forces were compliant with British doctrine for most of the war. I will 'pop in' to VASL if I can catch you. Cheers