Official Veteran's Tournament Thread!!

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Still wondering when we post the results, what the points values are?

And how far to everyone has finsihed the first round so we can begin "discussions" :) :) :)

Rooster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i am compling the results ... checking to see everything is complete... BUT I need to know what you guys want in the next round? :rolleyes:

wehrwolf

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
just wondering what is going on?? Is this tournament still on?

Who is still playing... who wants to still play????

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
i'm waiting to...

i thought we were waiting for some of the other groups to finish their games...

Scipio

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I guess it would help if we know what up with Round One.

Will all players from Round one move to Round 2? If not, who will participate in Round 2?

Rooster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will post the Group Results by tomorrow at this time..

If there is any matches still going on I would appreciate an e-mail.
If anyone is dropping out please post here !
Thanks,

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi

Did you post the results?

Other things:
What were the points values of the maps so we can report endgames.
Has everyone finished round one? (if you have not by now and there isn't a bloody good excuse like your mother having a hernia or something you should be shot :) )

Can we now discuss round one maps? the EFOW is over yeah?

round 2, i dont mind the pre-made scenarios, but i'm still confused a little over round one, was there a pablo scoring thingy, were the scenarios balanced, tested?
I think it would be good to clear all this up before round two.
Maybe pre-made maps but we choose our own passwords and forces.
If its going to be pre-made forces again fine, but I would like tested maps please :)

Ok, that will do for now :D
Thanks Rooster for your efforts, from what i've seen, us fella's in this vet tourney are a picky and bitchy lot :cheeky:

Neutral Party

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Surely there can't still be people playing first round games - can there ? I've been waiting for this thing to go ahead for so long that I've fallen off the active list :)
The points totals are now posted in the tournaments section under CM:BB Veterans Tournament.

Joe

wehrwolf

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know you probably already have scenarios for the next round that you would like to use. I think we should stick to what we have been doing (even though many have voiced thier opinion on play balance). The only thing I would change is passwords, let everyone decide their own. If all this is too much of a problem or it's not feasible maybe we should just go to quick battles choosing our own troops, this would make things easier upon Rooster. We have all put in time playing this tournament and I would like to see it move along.
It was mentioned before that a draw(50-50) is one point each, a draw in which a player has more points is 1.5. A win is automatically three(?) points. Each group has two players moving on to the next round, and pablo is NOT being used.
If any of you are interested in this moving forward than please write down what kind of matches you want to play. As far as games still on the go, I am guilty of having one still going but I have already sent the file to Rooster for him to look at, if any of you are in the same boat than please send it to him.
Lets get this going and stop being "bitchy and picky", remember their are other players looking at this thread and all they are seeing is the top players complaining and gnashing their teeth. This is just a game , lets have fun, and lets get it done.

Just my two cents...

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Unfortunately there has been too much bickering and delays so I will have too regretfully withdraw from the tournament :argh: .Good luck to those continuing.

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
What? no way, the bickering was way back in Feb. :)
We have all grown up now and ready to move on :cheeky:

I think we're just waiting for one? game to finish and then we are moving on, right?

Rooster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just sent out e-mails to everyone about real life issues.... This is YOUR Tournament and here is my suggestion.....

My Most Favorite :

I have Six nice Maps..... different terrains and type of year....

I will set up the Zones on map... Nobody! Nobody will see the maps before hand....

The maps will be played QB style except for one thing.... I will tell you Weather conditions, Year, and Terrain.... And of Course the Draw, Axis or Allies...

From the last statement you will go to editor and with unrestricted forces, using Scipio's rules of Artillery, no 88 pillboxes and no AA above veteran you will pick your forces....You give me the password you want for each battle... Send me a list of troops an e-mail for each battle...

As fast as each battle is set up I will send it out and away we go!

There would be at least 5 battles in championship Round for each player...

I suggest One 3000pt, two 2500 points, one 2000 pt and one 1500 pt battle.... All combined arms, unrestricted forces... The 3000 pt Battle would be All Combined, The 2500 will be Central, the 2000pt will be North, and the 1500 point will be all combined.

This is to start the discussion... I must get some sleep now I am leaving at 0400 hours...

Gonzo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rooster,
Sorry about your real life problems, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I offer our collective condolences.
Now as for the Tourney, none of us can make an informed decision unless we know who advanced to the final round. Unless this is a test to see who among us has psychic powers, you have us all at a disadvantage.