OA 20 Revenge of the Greys

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey all,
Just played OA20 The Revenge of the Greys against Bob Zinselmeyer, a great opponent. I had the British and it was approaching Tea Time so the British have to push hard to grab the VC buildings in 4 and a half turns. Lot of action in a small amount of time. The Brits have 2 Sherman IIIs and the Germs a Stug IIIG. It all came down to the last half turn. I divide my force pushed up the right side with one and left side with the other. Bob was very nice to give me some balance by rolling 12 twice to obliterate his right side blocking force on moral and rally attempts. I caught a break rolling snakes against his 20L AA gun that allowed me to grab several buildings adjacent to the runway. Now for the main event. The Brits have moved up against the multi-hex VC building and break one hex of defenders (they will die for failure to rout) in the next hex German have the Stug and a half squad (who survives several MC checks in Prep and adv fire but the Stug is shocked! Time for advance phase. Squad grabs one hex of VC building. The other hex has 4 British squads and 2 leaders ready to advance, 2 of the squads decide that they will start Tea time now. Both leaders with a squad each advance in after passing TC. There is no ambush and take out half squad with a 2-1 minus 1, Rolled an eight. Time to kill the shocked Stug, 9-1 LDR 4-5-8 vs shocked AFV -3 need an eight rolled an eleven. Got to love a game where last die rolled decides the game. Fun game against great opponent.