"No Gullies" SSR

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am setting up "Stopped Cold" from Hakka Paalle. The set up instruction has a SSR that gullies don't exist. I can replicate this easily enough in open ground hexes by covering the gullies with OG overlays and converting to "snow". What about woods/gully hexes though? It seems to be impossible to do properly if the woods/gully hexes are adjacent to other woods hexes since the woods are no longer contiguous but there is a picture of the boards on the Scenario Archive which suggests that someone has worked out a way to do it. Am I missing something?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think board 5 is the only one with the gullies, but am not sure. If you look at the board 5 Special overlays, selecting A40: Ad hoc at Beaurains seems to eliminate the Gully. that might be the solution.

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So to be short: It's not possible eliminate Gullies with the Terrain SSR feature, right?
In this case I want no Woods-Gullies on board 34 to exist…

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
AFAIK, you are correct, there is no standard transformation that will do this for you. Such transforms are usually handled by a special overlay added to the board file. In your case, this does not exist (but could be created).

There are quick-and-dirty ways of doing something, which you are probably alread aware of. The image below uses a draggable overlay from the orchard button. It keeps the woods hexsides while obscuring the gully. Not perfect by any means.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
When the woods are internal, why not just use woods overlays to cover the gullies?
Because they create clear los/bypass on the hexsides. There are no woods overlays that I know of that cover the outside hexsides.