New to forum... but not to Combat Mission

ThinWhiteLine

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hello people, opponents wanted!

This is my first day in this forum, but not the first with Combat Mission. So, I am interested in doing some combat, and I can promise a good stiff fight against most opponents (not being haughty here... I just have no experience of how good an average CM player is). I have all three CM:S. I prefer the second one in the series. PBEM and live play both possible. I have lots of time. Please, send forth your challenges, people!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let me welcome you aboard WHQ "TWL"!
I'm sure you'll be waist deep in enemy combatants before you know it.

We have a great community here and I hope you enjoy being part of it.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ThinWhiteLine said:
Hello people, opponents wanted!

This is my first day in this forum, but not the first with Combat Mission. So, I am interested in doing some combat, and I can promise a good stiff fight against most opponents (not being haughty here... I just have no experience of how good an average CM player is). I have all three CM:S. I prefer the second one in the series. PBEM and live play both possible. I have lots of time. Please, send forth your challenges, people!
Welcome to our home - unfortunately I'm all gamed-out right now, but maybe one day...

Dr. S.

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Like yourself, new to the ladder, but not CM. I would be happy to put together a QB, or a scenario, if you prefer. Any flavor of CM is fine with me. Don't care about sides either. Basically ready for anything.

PBEM would be good for starters. I understand there may be a way to switch back and forth from PBEM to liveplay at certain save points in the game. Maybe some of the vets out there can comment on that...

I should be able to return moves fairly quickly.

:D

ThinWhiteLine

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hello again, amiable citizens of this web community!

Thank You for your greetings. I already feel at home amongst you. Now I am going to prove my skills as a genuine arm-chair general... lambs to the slaughter... :laugh:

Yes JoeBob, I am more than happy to test Your mettle and mine too. PBEM sounds good, and please feel free to select any kind of scenario or QB from any of the three CM games in the series. Defensive, assault, meeting engagement, all are equally fun! :nofear:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, ThinWhiteLine, you've got mail!!!

Time to rock!

:banana:

As they say "Ask, and thee shall receive"!

Bogdan

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Here I am !

Palantir said:
I'll get Bogdan to answer this one, he does it all the time.
Stand by...
Hello ThinWhiteLine ! Welcome aboard :)

In fact, it's really easy to switch between a PBEM game and a TCP session. I'm not talking here about the way to configure and to launch your first TCP game or a PBEM game, I assume you already know how to do that.

Well, let's imagine you're playing by email with your opponent, during an order phase (and only then), you can save your game by clicking on the "Save" button in the taskbar. Give a name to this new file and "Ok". You can then quit your actual game session.

Then, if you want to continue your last game via TCP, just go to the scenario board, find your file in the list (it will be at the beginning), and launch. The computer will ask you in which mode you want to play the game : hotseat, TCP or PBEM. Choose TCP mode : you will continue the game at the last order phase !

You can also do the countrary, swith from a TCP to a PBEM game, it's the really same procedure. Don't forget that : you can only save a game during an order phase (like surrender or cease fire too). After that, the saved game will be in the scenario list, it's up to you to launch it the way you want :)

Hope it helps !