New EAW game out!

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Of course rahamy, if you want to post the scenario descriptions post it, nothing better to sell a game that make people :upset: for dont have it :laugh:

Oooo thanks very much for post more screens..... one image = 1000 words.

Ummmmmmmmmm do you say i know whats the new napo-game??? Ummmm i just call Dr Watson because my Holmes side is sleeping :nuts:

PD: waiting dollar going under a little more :bite:
Just posted some more screen shots to my Blog from MAW...will get some other stuff up there soon!

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I see the new images, are great, i´m considering seriusly buy MAW but for the moment i wait because i wait for something napoleonic, MAW+Antietam+Napoleonic game its a sweet thing hehehehe.

I see the terrain in MAW is more atractive than in other games in the series no??? (the trees for example, i see HPS has a new artist hehehe) 2D counters.... are the same that in the other games??? see the image http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/products/RifMusk/FIW/fiw5.jpg in your images and in HPS images only see the alternate (like in PzCampaigns no???).

Ummm you are working for put more images of MAW, Antietam and Gallic no??? great.

PD: i see the CCC club and are interesting..... but i´m a married man, married with Napoleon and le Petit Cabron dont loves unfaithful persons :laugh:

Last edited:

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to Rich and Al on this one (and whoever else worked on it). I looked over almost all of the battles today and here we go with another ton of maps and great looking situations.

Will be looking to pickup an opponent in a week or so ...

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Well more people have the game.... when we can read an AAR??? its a good way to make people buy a game.... or not... or take again an old game (CC for example) or have a good time with an alternate history ... a what if no???

With the changes EAW are more atractive and for me MAW are more interesting, ummmm we can see in the future a Spanish American War???? SAW ummm a common name hehehe (the movie, or Squad Assault Weapon)... better ASW no, Anty Submarine Weapon ..... Cuba 98..... seams the name of a TOAW scenario :laugh:

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi, Rahamy can you post the scenarios descriptions??? i think its better buy MAW and Antietam... well in a napoleonic pack hehehe.

Thanks for your time Rahamy and sorry, i am a rock in your shoes

rahamy

Reaction score
I'll try to get those posted soon...been running on empty here for the last week. :OHNO:

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Dont run, health is more important, i hope you wiss better :kotz: :laugh:

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Just currious, but what optional rules are people playing on MAW? or indeed other games of the EAW series.

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Thanks Rahamy, i read it, i see lots of long scenarios and an interesting base for do attractive custom scenarios.

A little question, as edds says..... what optional rules use in the H2H games??? i dont know much about EAW series, read about somebody wants a more realistic rules (dont use "blitzkrieg" tactics with no battlaion/regimental historical use). About EAW i have a little question, the unit scale is companies no? but are tiny units (32 men, if the battalion has 6 companies.... 186 men???) and can a company use defensive formations against cavalry??? in napoleonic in Waterloo a cavalry regiment have usually less effectives than infantry battalions.... but 35 lancers against 35 infantry men......

Oooo can you upload a image whit the 2D counters and the new battalion colors??? i´m thinks do a funny copy paste, use Volcano counters and try to use in MAW.

Thanks again for your time Rahamy.

rahamy

Reaction score
Companies can range in size from 15 to 70 men depending on the army and the status of the force. And no, there are no "square" formations in the EAW engine, that is Nap only.

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Thanks again Rahamy, no square formations??? ummm interesting, a good way to force you use extends lines (i think in MAW cavalry could be very dangerous taking your nude back).

I see in in NWS storage a interesting bonus, buy 3 and we give you a sweet hehehe but MAW+Antietam (if i buy it.... 3 naps in the way.... prefer the naps sorry Yanks and Rebs :p).

Ola Berli

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Rich,

other good topics for this engine would be the Zulu War and the Boer War.

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Yes, little conflits of XIX could use the EAW engine i add to the list Spanish-American War in Cuba and Filipinas, there are little land battles (but very bloody) but has a great potencial for what if scenarios and campaigns... spanish ships dont sunk in Cuba and USA needs no take the island by land battles.

PD: Ola, you have AOR, has Zulu and Boer War scenarios.... and a campaign??? ummm i don remember it....

Ola Berli

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Xaver,

yes AOR have Zulu and Boer sce. but no campaign. I do know that Jeff Lapkoff ( Incredible Simulations ) did a Zulu War campaign for PC some years ago. But we do need a Zulu campaign with the magic John Tiller touch!

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Ummm Zulu Awakening no??? :laugh:

Well, volcano mod for MAW, now you can use the NATO counters.... please release a napo-game soon, i want "play" with yankees and frenchis in Spain :D

John Ferry

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys--you might try some of the northern battles--Palo Alto, Resaca, Monterrey and Buena Vista vs the AI. I did put a little bit of time into scripting, so try it and let me know what works. I would take suggestions to heart for a future update!

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Well, i have the game but not the time to play it :cry:

Some questions/suggestions.

1-Battalion colours: to small, not cover the counter, only the up left side... with the OTAN counters are missing in action (specially with artillery), why not the same size that in Napoleonic???

2-"Carrito de municion": ¿?¿?¿?¿? well, i think "Carro de municion" its better, carrito is the same as little cart :laugh:

3-Grenadiers: what kind of special hability have??? they are better in morale but nothing more???

4-Ooooo a little bug, in Resaca de la Palma, scen 08, 4th US K Company in the USA front line in the right, these company isnt a light company but its deployed in extended line....

Well, i think the game its great now only need some time free :laugh: