Name that tune!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's time for a new competition thread.

I'll write down some song lyrics, and you have to guess the artist, and the name of the song.

Whoever gets it right submits the next set of lyrics and it continues on this basis.

So here we go with Lyric Set #1:

Keep your eyes on the road, your hand upon the wheel
Yeah we're goin' to the Roadhouse,
Gonna have a real, good time.

Dr. S.
Supreme Overlord of the Forums and Leader of the War Council against Hackers, Insurgents and other undesirables.

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
It's time for a new competition thread.

I'll write down some song lyrics, and you have to guess the artist, and the name of the song.

Whoever gets it right submits the next set of lyrics and it continues on this basis.

So here we go with Lyric Set #1:

Yeah we're goin' to the Roadhouse,
Gonna have a real, good time.

Dr. S.
Supreme Overlord of the Forums and Leader of the War Council against Hackers, Insurgents and other undesirables.
"Roadhouse Blues", originally done by the Doors, but I like Blue Oyster Cult's cover of it better.

JS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Re: Re: Name that tune!

Originally posted by Janos
"Roadhouse Blues", originally done by the Doors, but I like Blue Oyster Cult's cover of it better.

JS
Correct! From my favourite album in the entire universe - Morrison Hotel. So now you get to provide the next lyric...

Dr. S.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oooohhh nice way to start, with The Doors.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by Overseer
Oooohhh nice way to start, with The Doors.
Glad you appreciated it!

Dr. S.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That's a Black Sabbath tune - from the 70's -- is it 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath'?

Edited: looked up a Sabbath lyric site - and I guess you can lose the '?' :cool:

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
9999.999% sure it is not anything from the Paranoid album.

Strangley enough the first thing I thought of was Ozzy -- and Ozzy did do that songon a long forgotten double live album which I am not even sure they made into a CD ever - it was during his solo career when he did all sorts of old Sabbath tunes live.

Anthyrax (I think) also did it (but of course they were not nearly up to Sabbath standards -- hard to match Iommi and Butler on guitar and bass. Saw Sabbath one time - it was the post Dio version where Ian Gillan (of Deep Purple) was their lead singer -- they only put out one album with that line up - but it was some pretty good stuff.

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by trauth116
9999.999% sure it is not anything from the Paranoid album.

Strangley enough the first thing I thought of was Ozzy -- and Ozzy did do that songon a long forgotten double live album which I am not even sure they made into a CD ever - it was during his solo career when he did all sorts of old Sabbath tunes live.

Anthyrax (I think) also did it (but of course they were not nearly up to Sabbath standards -- hard to match Iommi and Butler on guitar and bass. Saw Sabbath one time - it was the post Dio version where Ian Gillan (of Deep Purple) was their lead singer -- they only put out one album with that line up - but it was some pretty good stuff.
Ian Gillan was both before and after Dio. Dio went away and came back, Ian Gillan filled in during the lull.

JS

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I wasn't really counting the album that had the song from Wayne's World ... I don't think he toured with Sabbath then... not that it matters - but yeh you are correct Janos.

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
OK got one ...

You see it's a crazed gyration of the rock generation
It's my motivation to avoid the nauseation and frustration