Multiple monitors

BenPower

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I can't seem to find much info on using multiple monitors, although the website hints at it and the Major describes a situation where he has the map on one monitor and the menus/enlarged map section on the other.

This may be a n00b interpretation, but I have a laptop that I can hook up to a widescreen. Can I myself get the map on the big screen and the menus/order windows on the smaller one? (surely if you're using multiple monitors with only one PC with one mouse, this seems a bit weird?) Is this some sort of army technology we civilians can only dream about?

How does this work and where can I set the options in Tacops or elsewhere?

Thanks for your help,
Ben

PS: Sorry if this has allready been answered elsewhere like on the mailing list; but I don't seem to have access to it yet (still waiting for admin's confirmation). Only got TacOps v4 today anyway... ;)

JohnfMonahan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, multiple monitors are possible (if your laptop supports them, most do). They are by far the best in CPX play as you can not lose track of the chats. Hook up your external monitor and set it to extend the Windows desktop. Then, play with your windows. It's GREAT.

John

BenPower

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yep got it; didn't probe Google enough!

Thanks for your help and yes it's awesome! :D