Multiplayer Arena CPX Game 31 Oct - Now

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A multiplayer arena style game is now in progress - as of 2000 GMT (1400 Central Standard Time).

More players are welcome. You will receive a US mech infantry company upon arrival.

First you need to download Map203 from the following URL ...

www.tacops.us/support/

Then fire up your IRC program and go to ...

Description: Martin Cracauer's Server
IRC Server: schlepper.hanse.de
Port: 7024
Channel: #tacops

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Come on over and play. It's a blast. Me against the world!

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I assessed this game as a draw with honors to Red (tinjaw).

The last Blue player disagreed a bit with this claiming foul because the Blue commander that he replaced did not provide an adequate mission out-briefing before he rotated home. :)

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MajorH said:
I assessed this game as a draw with honors to Red (tinjaw).

The last Blue player disagreed a bit with this claiming foul because the Blue commander that he replaced did not provide an adequate mission out-briefing before he rotated home. :)
Don't know who the last blue commander was but I considered that my outbrief covered most all points, except how not to employ UAV's :D

Cudo's to Chaim (Tinjaw) played well in the test as well as some FtF network scenarios yesterday afternoon.

Hope I didn't leave anyone in the dark.

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think blue suffered from having a revolving door at their HQ tent. I was able to keep a strategic view from beginning to end. I think they had 3 COs over the course of the battle.

I had fun and think that the Major's idea of an arena CPX could be real fun. It may bring some new people to CPXs and maybe even TacOps.

I look forward to playing at the next Arena CPX.

P.S. Friends don't let friends drive UAVs while drunk. :toast:

Last edited:

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure who was last either. I was in the middle and did leave in a hurry due to other commitments...my bad.

Fun time while it lasted though. I wish I had more time to have finished it.

Major lesson learned. Do not play online games with 30 second turns while watching your kids. It was hit or miss. I tried to plot enough moves so that when I was downstairs seeing what they were into the game would go on without me.

Dennis

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
dhuffjr said:
Major lesson learned. Do not play online games with 30 second turns while watching your kids. It was hit or miss. I tried to plot enough moves so that when I was downstairs seeing what they were into the game would go on without me.

Dennis
Dennis - how old are they. I was playing while also entertaining a 1 yr old and fielding all the goblins banging on the door. :nuts:

I look forward to the next arena.

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two and four. The four year old was in the backyard with friends with lots of yelling and screaming going on so I had to keep checking in on them. The two year old was content to play and be good.

Today however he entertained the ladies while I was voting by taking off his shirt and dancing around. :laugh:

Dennis

Sniper

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

I was last Blue CO on Sunday. It is not that I disagreed with the final decision, I was more along the lines of my first glimpse of the map was only a minute or two prior to joining the game. I only saw the tactical situation when I actually got control of the forces. I found the LZ I had to defend but was not really sure of what my offensive objective was. It did seem to me after one or two turns that I probably could never have secured it, anyway. I was also not sure if I had an eyeball on all the troops under my command. I believe that I did but was not positive, ah, the fog of war :crosseye: In short, I had more questions than answers.

I think my command only lasted about five or ten turns. The time I had was enjoyable and challanging. It is the first time I have been dropped into a game like that. There were some white knuckles on the mouse with the 30 second orders phase.

Thanks for letting me play. I apologize if I left some with the impression that I diagreed with any final decisions.

Randy Erickson

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sniper said:
I was last Blue CO on Sunday.
Randy, how many companies did you assume command of? We started 1x Mech Co, 1x UAV vs 1x Mech Co, 1x UAV. When Dennis joined we had a 2:1 advantage on Tinjaw. I had to go before we became decisively engaged as a force.

Sniper

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pmaidhof said:
Randy, how many companies did you assume command of? We started 1x Mech Co, 1x UAV vs 1x Mech Co, 1x UAV.
Pete,

That sounds about right to me but the Major could probably give you a better answer as far as what was actually left of the original force when I assumed command. Things were going so fast and furious that I did not have a chance to look at specifics of the armor and dismounted ATGMs. I'm guessing they were Bradleys and Javelins. I think there were also a few infantry squads or teams still kicking about.

A fair amount of teams (maybe half a company or a little less) were already dismounted. I did not know if that was the result of abandoning damaged/destroyed vehicles or they were purposely dismounted at defensive positions; probably some combo of the above. I think I had about 6/8 vehicles left (and quickly allowed OPFOR to merrily dipatch a couple of those). What would that be? Half a coy? I need help on miltary organization and how raw numbers correspond to pltn, coy, btln, etc.

Will replay files be available? You can tell when I take over, it is when the blue units begin to explode :cheeky:

Randy

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pmaidhof said:
When Dennis joined we had a 2:1 advantage on Tinjaw.
In commanders only. I was given equal forces. I had to command them all myself, but they seemed to follow my orders pretty well. :nuts:

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahh the confusion.
As I saw it/remember it there was a combo of purposefull dismounts and accidental ones :cry: . I think most of the ones around the blue LZ where purposefull. I moved a couple dismounts around before I left, to set up ambush opportunities, one of which worked out pretty good before I left.

Dennis