Mirkwood preview on Tuesday

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Anyone going to sign in? Seems like Landroval may experience trouble (naturally :rolleyes:)

The Siege of Mirkwood™ digital expansion will be going live in just a few weeks, and we've got two great things happening now that you're sure to enjoy:
All subscribers get a +25% Combat XP Bonus through Wednesday, November 18th - just log into LOTRO and go.

You're getting limited-time access to try the new Skirmish system and other new game features a few weeks early - the Siege of Mirkwood expansion goes live on December 1, 2009
To try out the Skirmish system, simply log into the Bullroarer (beta) version of LOTRO and play during our LOTRO Mirkwood Beta Skirmishes Sneak Peek stress event on Tuesday, November 17th to get hands-on with the new system! Additional details and instructions below.

WHEN:
All players who log into the Mirkwood Beta (Bullroarer) and play between 7:30PM and 11:00PM Eastern on Tuesday, November 17th will be able to access new features such as Skirmishes, the new mount system and Legendary Item updates! We'd love to get as many of you as possible into this preview, so get there early!

Mirkwood landscape and levels 61-65 will not be available for this sneak peek.

Changes made to characters, XP, or items earned on the Bullroarer server WILL NOT transfer back to the live servers.

PREPARATION:
You may download and install the Beta (Bullroarer) client using the Turbine Download Manager (TDM).

Alternatively, you may download and install the non-TDM Beta game client.

You may copy up to 5 characters from your Live Account to the Bullroarer environment in preparation for Tuesday's event. Please note that once a character is copied, you will not be able to copy that character again.

To copy a character from Live to Bullroarer, log into my.lotro.com with your LOTRO forums name and password, then return to this email and click here to select a character to copy.* Don't remember your forums name and password? You can look it up on myaccount.turbine.com!

Bullroarer will be opened for the event promptly at 7:30 PM Eastern (-4 GMT).

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
After copying over a character who is at least level 30, log into Bullroarer on Tuesday, November 17th at 7:30PM Eastern. Then, travel to a Skirmish Camp at any major population center in Middle-earth to begin the quest "Orders of War" and your experience with the new Skirmishes system.

After completing the Skirmish Tutorials, hit Ctrl-J on your keyboard to travel to a Skirmish. Enjoy!

We're happy to have you aboard, and we hope to see you in Mirkwood very soon!

- The LOTRO Team

* There are known issues that may prevent successful character copies for some characters from Brandywine or Landroval to Bullroarer.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was thinking about it but I'd rather experience it in the right way by going thru the entrance rather than "jump" into the middle of it all then having to start over.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I had intended to download in advance of the event. Doh.

Estimated download time: 4 hours.

Length of event: 3.5 hours.

I may be screwed.

Does the Bullroarer (beta) server operate all the time for the unwashed masses?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did anyone get the extra items in your inventory with the upgrade?

My account says I switched to 3-month renew and have the free Mirkwood. But my characters have no upgrades.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Did anyone get the extra items in your inventory with the upgrade?

My account says I switched to 3-month renew and have the free Mirkwood. But my characters have no upgrades.
Doesn't go live until December 1st is my understanding.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah. I remembered the items would be there when you log in next time.

I just want to make sure my upgrade went fine.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
11 Gig to download Bullroarer....
Estimated download time: 4 hours.
Length of event: 3.5 hours.
Does the Bullroarer (beta) server operate all the time for the unwashed masses?
EXACTLY!
This was the same reason I passed on the Moria beta & on SoA. Didn't seem worth the effort.

Bullroarer only runs to test beta versions from what I remember and everything that goes on there is deleted after the "test" is done so no one gains anything except the playing.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
no one gains anything except the playing.
Duh! :laugh:

I just wanted to see what the skirmishes were going to be like; which is why they were running it. Ah well, will have to wait til December like everyone else...