MF cost to place a DC to breach a Fortified Building?

RollTide

Reaction score
First name
Hank
Country
llUnited States
23.9221 BREACH: A Breach may be created in a Fortified Building hexside as per 23.711....

Unfortunate that the FORTIFIED BUILDINGS refer us to the 23.711 on how to breach a Fortified Building hexside because a black bar and Fortified Building hexside are different. It seems to me from the Rules As Written you then can only breach a Fortified Building hexside from inside the Fortified Building (or an ADJACENT building hex of the same building). But apparently that is not so, and I can DC breach a Fortified Building hexside from an ADJACENT hex.

However, I dont have to try and breach. From an ADJACENT hex "23.9221 ... A DC may be Placed on a Fortified Building Location without attempting to Breach it at the normal building entry COT". This placement will cost 2MF.

23.711 BREACH: ... attempt to Breach the black bar by expending one MF to Place a DC during its MPh ...

What is the MF cost from an Adjacent hex to place a DC to breach a Good Ordered enemy occupied Fortified Building? Is it 1, 2, or 3 MF? From the Rules As Written my guess is 1MF, which is gonna be wrong right.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
23.9221 BREACH: A Breach may be created in a Fortified Building hexside as per 23.711....

Unfortunate that the FORTIFIED BUILDINGS refer us to the 23.711 on how to breach a Fortified Building hexside because a black bar and Fortified Building hexside are different. It seems to me from the Rules As Written you then can only breach a Fortified Building hexside from inside the Fortified Building (or an ADJACENT building hex of the same building). But apparently that is not so, and I can DC breach a Fortified Building hexside from an ADJACENT hex.

However, I dont have to try and breach. From an ADJACENT hex "23.9221 ... A DC may be Placed on a Fortified Building Location without attempting to Breach it at the normal building entry COT". This placement will cost 2MF.

23.711 BREACH: ... attempt to Breach the black bar by expending one MF to Place a DC during its MPh ...

What is the MF cost from an Adjacent hex to place a DC to breach a Good Ordered enemy occupied Fortified Building? Is it 1, 2, or 3 MF? From the Rules As Written my guess is 1MF, which is gonna be wrong right.
I think you are right, 1MF to breach from an ADJACENT hex, and normal entry COT to place without breaching.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The cost to breach a fortified building is 1MF per B23.9221 "...A Breach may be created in a Fortified Building hexside as per 23.711,..." (B23.711 "...may attempt to Breach the black bar by expending one MF to Place a DC during its MPh and declaring the Rowhouse hexside it is attacking.").