Marking Tanks with Gyros

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'm not sure I understand the question. Don't you just make a side note on a piece of paper with the ID letter of tanks that do have gyros, or something like that?

Keith Todd

Reaction score
I do not see ID letters on the American tanks, that is what prompted the question.

I guess I could label them with names and write it down.

Keith

Thanks Andrew for putting the thought in my head

Last edited:

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do not see ID letters on the American tanks, that is what prompted the question.

Are you talking about VASL? If so, you only can use the labl to individually denote the AFVs. You can record the info in the info pull down in the p
"private" box and your opponent won't see it.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania

Keith

Thanks Andrew for putting the thought in my head
Select the tank, ctl-L gives you a window to enter a label. Handy for marking depeleted ammo etc..., but in particular, you can give each AFV/vehicle/unit an ID number.

Another alternative is to take a blank counter (under the ? tab of a nationality's OOB), "name" it (select the blank counter and left click; find it on the list)...call it...Gyro?. Put it on the tank and HIP just the the blank counter labled "Gyro", you're on your honor to make sure the HIP Gyro counter stays with the tank.

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Are you talking about VASL? If so, you only can use the labl to individually denote the AFVs. You can record the info in the info pull down in the p
"private" box and your opponent won't see it.

Even better...didn't know that feature was there.

Neat.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Another alternative is to take a blank counter (under the ? tab of a nationality's OOB), "name" it (select the blank counter and
click; find it on the list)...call it...Gyro?. Put it on the tank and HIP just the the blank counter labled "Gyro", you're on your honor to make sure the HIP Gyro counter stays with the tank.​
I always used this method for CG setups, it also works quite nicely if your Sherm's BMG is actually a BFT, or if you've Removed a Jeep's AAMG, & other situations.

But keep in mind a sense of fairness about it. Say your Sherm (w/ HIP Gyro) tossed a round, but didn't get a hit - it's fair do's to keep it's Gyro HIPped. But if it got a hit using its Gyro capability, that's when you should unHIP its note-ctr, or add 'G' to the tank's ctrl-L Label - IF you used your Gyro in LOS of a KEU.​

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
I always use delayed notes refering to the ID of the tank.

One delayed note for every giro posibility and showing when giro is discovered. Or one with the IDs of AFV with giros, to be seen at the end of the game.

I use this sistem for AL and BS hexes, and even for HIP units, in every game in VASL.

Miguel