Let's all give WarfareHQ a hand!

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:thumup:

Just gave some money via PenPal to help pay for server costs for Warfare HQ. Let's face it guys, after several YEARS of getting the best wargaming website around for FREE, it' time to lend a helping hand to our fearless leaders!!! :TRUCE: :clap: :TRUCE:

Don, is too shy to just say it out loud, but we all owe him and the other major contributors a little something to at least help with the hardware costs of running this site. Their time is a whole 'nother category, which we can't begin to pay them back for. I know I don't have the free time to build a site like this, but I sure enjoy the benefit of those that do! :cheeky:

We all have RL issues, but these guys get it done somehow anyway.

:stop:

Anyway, not too get carried away, but to repeat an earlier post you can connect via: http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=support_us.shtml.

The site can also be found at warfarehq by regular navigation.

Thanks guys for your efforts!

Game ON!

JoeBob :D

Bloodstar

Reaction score
Country
llCroatia
JoeBob said:

Just gave some money via PenPal to help pay for server costs for Warfare HQ. Let's face it guys, after several YEARS of getting the best wargaming website around for FREE, it' time to lend a helping hand to our fearless leaders!!! :TRUCE: :clap: :TRUCE:

Don, is too shy to just say it out loud, but we all owe him and the other major contributors a little something to at least help with the hardware costs of running this site. Their time is a whole 'nother category, which we can't begin to pay them back for. I know I don't have the free time to build a site like this, but I sure enjoy the benefit of those that do! :cheeky:

Anyway, not too get carried away, but to repeat an earlier post you can connect via: http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=support_us.shtml

Game ON!

You'll absolutely right... But, I am from Croatia and I cannot become member of PayPal - I would gladly donate some money to Warfare HQ because I really think it's great site. I could donate 20 US$ for a start that's not much but anythink goes I think. Also, thieves from Croatian Post have some rules so if I want to send some money via Western Union I must give them almost 17 US$ for minimum amount, and I think that it is 3 US$ if I am right if someone from USA is sending money for minimum amount? If I want to send a check through bank they also ask for around 17 or so US$. Is there any other way?

Mario

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Bloodstar said:
You'll absolutely right... But, I am from Croatia and I cannot become member of PayPal - I would gladly donate some money to Warfare HQ because I really think it's great site. I could donate 20 US$ for a start that's not much but anythink goes I think. Also, thieves from Croatian Post have some rules so if I want to send some money via Western Union I must give them almost 17 US$ for minimum amount, and I think that it is 3 US$ if I am right if someone from USA is sending money for minimum amount? If I want to send a check through bank they also ask for around 17 or so US$. Is there any other way?

Mario
Maybe it can be posted in the General discussion, not just in the TOAW section.

Mario:
Look for american express where you can buy postal order check for about 8-10USD per check and then you can send it by mail.

Anyway, Don, is it OK if I send it by postal order?

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
i'm planning to make a postal order, i want to avoid US taxes, father told me it's 20$ taxes if you send 20 it's a bit much imo

Bloodstar

Reaction score
Country
llCroatia
laszlo.nemedi said:
Maybe it can be posted in the General discussion, not just in the TOAW section.

Mario:
Look for american express where you can buy postal order check for about 8-10USD per check and then you can send it by mail.

Anyway, Don, is it OK if I send it by postal order?
Thanks for tip.
Can I make it with Visa Classic also? I will make an enquiry in my bank tomorrow.

Mario

PS. Gee, thanks for putting Croatian flag

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Last edited:

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
I sent a personal check for $100 USD, on the 2nd, but as of Friday, he still hadn't cashed it. Don't worry Don...it will NOT bounce... :p

I'm not a rich man, but I feel that much money is about what I would pay for any two computer games, or dinner and a movie for the wife and I, or 5 pizzas. All of which, the value of the years that WHQ has been available to me, easily outshines (though Laszlo, in a fit of hunger, may dispute the pizza valuation... ;)).

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
JAMiAM said:
I sent a personal check for $100 USD, on the 2nd, but as of Friday, he still hadn't cashed it. Don't worry Don...it will NOT bounce... :p

I'm not a rich man, but I feel that much money is about what I would pay for any two computer games, or dinner and a movie for the wife and I, or 5 pizzas. All of which, the value of the years that WHQ has been available to me, easily outshines (though Laszlo, in a fit of hunger, may dispute the pizza valuation... ;)).
I prefer other comparison than pizza :D (e.g. girls cost me more and less value :devious: )

screamer

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
if i had a creditcard you would get 50ysd something from me, IM WORKING NOW...holidays ;) 40 hours a week [4weeks in a row] at a wage nice for someone who hast any proffesional education yet.

Karri

Reaction score
Country
llMalta
You'll have to wait my donation for another year or so. Haven't been a member long enough :)

Bloodstar

Reaction score
Country
llCroatia
laszlo.nemedi said:
I mean Amex office, where you can buy postal order by cash...

Well, I am not sure if you can money order there
http://www2.americanexpress.hr/personal/financial/?croatia_nav=newhomepage#

but ask the Post Office for postal order (or money order).
All right, I will send the money when I get back from Adriatic coast, Krk island. I will find some way, next week.

I must rest from first turn of FitE, I started to feel like Halder already or Paulus who made plan for Barbarossa

BTW, I have noticed something in both DnO and FitE - don't want to open new thread but it is interesting. I know that Daniel McBride consulted "Hitler moves East" by Paul Carrel, that's why I find it strange that in both DnO and FitE, 4th Armoured Division (Soviet) near Byalistok have 88 T-34 and 63 KV-1 tanks and Paul Carrel's book accurate informations based on captured Soviet general Potaturchevs who says that 4th armored division had 355 tanks, and among them 21 T-34, and 10 KV-1 (or 2, 152 mm gun)...

Now in 1941., Soviets lost when attacked with T-34 and KV-1 because they employed them tactically in few numbers, infantry support and in support of much numerous BT-7 tanks etc... they didn't employed T-34 en masse otherwise Germans would be in real trouble in 1941. So does anyone have some more informations or web site with 1941 Russian armored division TO&E?

Mario

Moriturus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JoeBob said:

Anyway, not too get carried away, but to repeat an earlier post you can connect via: http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=support_us.shtml.

Game ON!

The link isn't working, but I found the page. Thanks for reminding us! :)

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
JoeBob said:
Just gave some money via PenPal to help pay for server costs for Warfare HQ. Let's face it guys, after several YEARS of getting the best wargaming website around for FREE, it' time to lend a helping hand to our fearless leaders!!!

Don, is too shy to just say it out loud, but we all owe him and the other major contributors a little something to at least help with the hardware costs of running this site.
Sorry I didn't reply earlier guys, I just saw this thread. First, let me say thanks to the people who have generously sent in contributions to help out. It is greatly appreciated. Second, I'm not sure what the rules are about sending contributions from Europe. I don't know how things work there, but I'm doing my best to make it easy.

The PayPal link is posted, and I can provide a mailing address to those who need it.

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
mailing add would be much appreciated
please post the whole add ( state, and country) exactly how i should writte it thx

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Don Maddox said:
Sorry I didn't reply earlier guys, I just saw this thread. First, let me say thanks to the people who have generously sent in contributions to help out. It is greatly appreciated. Second, I'm not sure what the rules are about sending contributions from Europe. I don't know how things work there, but I'm doing my best to make it easy.

The PayPal link is posted, and I can provide a mailing address to those who need it.
Don,

Just for info , I did it with PayPal and my visa card, in those conditions it works fine from Europe

JLB