Lax, Stealthy and Majority Squad Type in scenario H - Escape from Velikiye Luki (PDF)

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Q: Scenario H - Escape from Velikiye Luki (PDF version), SSR1, the sentence "The Majority Squad type of both sides is Normal" is conflicting with the next sentence "All German units are Stealthy while all Russian units are Lax."
Should the first sentence be deleted?

A: No. Majority Squad type is used for ?/cloaked stacks with regards to straying, Stealthy and Lax for all other purposes.

In my original email I also explained the situation a bit like this:
"Neither the original scenario from the General, nor the actual ASL Classic scenario have that sentence. It's only in the downloadable ASL Classic PDF. Since no errata has been issued about this change, is it perhaps an error in the PDF version? If not, could you please elaborate how those sentences interact with each other?"

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Lax, Stealthy and Majority Squad Type in scenario H - Escape from Velikiye Luki (

My answer doesn't belong here, but I guess this is the best place to respond...

Majority squad type only defines the straying/jitter fire characteristics of not Known Enemy Units. So for a dummy stack or Cloaked counters, they will stray as if Normal (colored 6, 3-6 on the white) given the Majority Squad Type definition. Once Known, they'll stray per the SSR defining them as Lax/Stealthy which will also always apply to Ambush.