Jutland 3D Ship Model Detail

HMSWarspite

Reaction score
Country
ll
I think that maybe damaged ships would leave the battle line on their own when they become hors de combat, or at least ask for your permission.

Imagine a pop-up message:
"Iron Duke" requests permission to leave the battle line due to massive fires :-D
I think more realistically:
"Signal from Iron Duke sir, she is leaving the battle line due to damage" sustained...
Or "Iron Duke is signalling 'not under command' sir".

(i.e. they would not ask permission, they would merely tell the commander they have done it. The Captain is responsible for the ship, not the Admiral - even when the admiral is on the ship in question!)

Hinchinbrooke

Reaction score
Country
ll
Agreed! The captain would wear the ship out of the line, away from the enemy, to save the ship........................ then inform his admiral. Admirals might be commanders, but their command was often very ambivalent.

wklink

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No matter how much detail or explosions we put in, someone will say its not enough.

We have alot of surprises coming, some of which you will not see until release day.:smoke:

Funny how some people here want all the info on ship explosions, sinking, etc. ...:)

Youll see...
Jim you are somewhat right, there won't be pleasing everyone but the goal should be to exert enough energy in eye candy to make the game pleasing to the eye while keeping the gamer glued to the real meat of the game. A lot of games have come out recently that have looked very good but have fallen so far short in the gameplay area to be worthless.

I'm sure that you will address any eye candy but trust me, a good solid engrossing game will be much more successful than a pretty game that doesn't deliver on the goods. The original Combat Mission series is a perfect example of this. Compared to some of the 3d RTS games that were out at the time it wasn't the most graphically intense but man did it have longevity and sales far beyond anything the 'big' studios developed.

jdkbph

Reaction score
Country
llYugoslavia
The original Combat Mission series is a perfect example of this. Compared to some of the 3d RTS games that were out at the time it wasn't the most graphically intense but man did it have longevity and sales far beyond anything the 'big' studios developed.
Game play is important... but I think you also have to look at the role mod-ability plays in the long term longevity of a game like Combat Mission.

S'why I lament the fact that DG is locked down so as to make it difficult to do even the simplest of mods... like change gun descriptions to imperial measure where appropriate. I think they really (pun warning) missed the boat with that call.

JD