J85 Pitchin 'In Victory Conditions

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Message from Boxcars copied here for completeness:

I received these two emails in response from my email to Perry at MMP.

Email 1: Response to my Question.

My Question:

I had a discussion on the 2nd part of the Victory Conditions for J85 Pitchin 'In. For this discussion assume that the Germans have not fulfilled the first part of the Victory Conditions, which I have not listed.

".... Otherwise, the Germans win at game end if they have >= 13 CVP (from the 35th Infantry Division only) west of the river."

I took this to mean that the 35th Infantry Division had to be reponsible for causing >= 13 CVP on Partisan units west of the river.

Perry: This is not correct.

My Question continuation:

This was based on the definition of CVP.

A26.22 "Whenever a scenario uses Casualty Victory Points (CVP), each player receives CVP for eliminated/captured enemy units/equipment....."

A26.221 \"A Player receives CVP equal to the VP value for all enemy units/equipment that are eliminated...."

Another person stated hat the Victory Condition meant that the 35th Infantry Division had to move >= 13 CVP of its units/equipment across the river to the west side.

Perry: This is correct. ....Perry MMP

Email 2: My Reply and Response

My Reply:

Then why was does the Victory Conditions state "CVP" instead of "VP"? Is this a misprint? Should it read:

".... Otherwise, the Germans win at game end if they have >= 13 VP (from the 35th Infantry Division only) west of the river."

Perry's Reponse:

Should it read ".... Otherwise, the Germans win at game end if >they have >= 13 >VP (from the 35th Infantry Division only) west >of the river.\" .

That would work. ....Perry

End of emails.

I quess that this settles the Victory Conditions for J85 Pitchin 'In. Once and for all.