Install problem with AATF beta upgrade

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Pat,
Tried to install the upgrade. Followed instructions on read me in zip (which appear to be the same as all other ATF patch instructions)
When i try to run the game i get a ProSIM CD autorun window. There is no play game button so i went for install game . Next window tells me to go to control panel.
I went to control panel. I couldn't really understand what i was supposed to be doing and ended up going for the repair option.
I was expecting a nice simple upgrade patch installation, please i need help. I have not had any problems with any of the other ATF upgrade patches.

meade95

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Pat,
Tried to install the upgrade. Followed instructions on read me in zip (which appear to be the same as all other ATF patch instructions)
When i try to run the game i get a ProSIM CD autorun window. There is no play game button so i went for install game . Next window tells me to go to control panel.
I went to control panel. I couldn't really understand what i was supposed to be doing and ended up going for the repair option.
I was expecting a nice simple upgrade patch installation, please i need help. I have not had any problems with any of the other ATF upgrade patches.

Hmm? Did you make sure to unzip the Beta to another folder on your system? Not try and run it from the downloaded folder?

I didn't have an issue with my upgrade.

Pat and guys with AATF seem busy of late. Haven't had much feedback.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hmm? Did you make sure to unzip the Beta to another folder on your system? Not try and run it from the downloaded folder?

I didn't have an issue with my upgrade.

Pat and guys with AATF seem busy of late. Haven't had much feedback.
I sure did Meade, just like it said in the instructions.:hmmm:

meade95

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmm.

Well here -

Do a quick and simple complete uninstall of AATF (from your HD). Save any created DB's you might have made (first).

Redownload the AATF beta patch (make sure you didn't get a corrupt Beta).

Now install AATF - Restart your computer -

Cut/Copy each of the 7 files within the BETA into another "newly created folder). - From there right click on the "set-up" file and click "open".

It should take you through the upgrade of the Beta patch at this time.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hmm.

Well here -

Do a quick and simple complete uninstall of AATF (from your HD). Save any created DB's you might have made (first).

Redownload the AATF beta patch (make sure you didn't get a corrupt Beta).

Now install AATF - Restart your computer -

Cut/Copy each of the 7 files within the BETA into another "newly created folder). - From there right click on the "set-up" file and click "open".

It should take you through the upgrade of the Beta patch at this time.
I'll give it a go, but right now, i've just got to go to sleep. Cheers Meade for the suggestion

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
:sneak: I realise that i did not put in the correct path when installing the beta patch/update.:whist: Once again the technology is fine, it is me who has the problem:paperbag:

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's my favorite kind of bug--Self-correcting. :)